Preschool Lead Teacher | Sacred Heart Schools - Sheridan Rd | IL
Sacred Heart Schools is seeking a Primary School Preschool Lead Teacher, whose chief responsibility will be to work within the scope of the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Education to educate three, four, and/or five-year-old children responsible for the academic, social-emotional growth and development in a multi-disciplinary setting.
Date Posted: 2/8/2019
Date Accepting Applications Through: 6/30/2019
Job Title: Preschool Lead Teacher
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Full Time, 10 Month
Sacred Heart Schools is seeking a Primary School Preschool Lead Teacher, whose chief responsibility will be to work within the scope of the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Education to educate three, four, and/or five-year-old children responsible for the academic, social-emotional growth and development in a multi-disciplinary setting.Essential Job Functions:
As a member of the Primary School faculty, the Preschool Teacher will:
The Primary School Preschool Instructor will work within the scope of the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart:
- Develop weekly plans and implements age appropriate curriculum to nurture and stimulate all domains of children’s development.
- Provide a developmentally appropriate classroom environment that reflects the children’s learning and growth while inspiring learning.
- Work as an active and collaborative member of teacher teams and other primary school faculty members.
- Perform ongoing developmental evaluations of children and develop lesson plans that address the individual needs of each child.
- Prepare developmental progress reports for parents/caregivers.
- Conduct Parent Teacher Conferences that focus on children’s developmental progress, needs and interests, including parents’ goals for their child.
- Implement developmentally appropriate assessments to evaluate student outcomes in all domains.
- Exchange information and serve as a member of a multi-disciplinary intervention/prevention team within the Primary School.
- Maintains up to date individual child development profile and other records as needed.
- Demonstrate cultural competency and respect for the child’s background by incorporating the family values and beliefs into the program where appropriate.
- Completes child transition and orientation of the classroom with parents.
- Foster a positive parent/school connection with families.
- Maintains ongoing, open communication with parents/caregivers.
- Ensure that each family receives an opportunity to build strong relationships and experience clear communication with teaching staff.
A Successful Candidate will:
- Supports – Implements – Models the Goals and Criteria for Sacred Heart Schools
- Exhibits a genuine respect for children as individuals and for their families, as the children’s first teachers.
- Upholds professional standards of personal presentation, discretion, punctuality, and clear, direct, open communication.
- Appropriately carries out specific assignments, including but not limited to assigned supervision and duties, and other areas as assigned by Director or Head of Primary School.
- Maintains professional credentials and/or certification as defined by our accrediting agency and consistent with band level placement
- Align with other Primary School faculty for vertical curriculum coordination.
- Be highly motivated, ethical and eager to learn in a collaborative setting
- Have excellent communication skills with student’s best interests at the forefront
- Have experience in implementing project-based learning activities
- Have experience teaching in a differentiated environment
- Have a declared passion for children and a willingness to help provide quality early learning experiences for young children to promote their overall developmental well-being
- A warm and welcoming personality, comfortable with a diverse school population of children, staff, and families
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education required.
- Preschool Teaching Experience is preferred
- Understands developmental stages of three and four-year-old children and is effective with supporting their social and emotional development
- Experience developing and delivering age appropriate curriculum and tracking children's progress
- Exceptional classroom and time management skills that focus on children’s best interests and goals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in another language is a plus, but not required
- Salary is competitive.
Please upload a cover letter and current resume to: http://shschicago.applicantstack.com/x/openings
How to Apply: Please upload a cover letter and current resume to: http://shschicago.applicantstack.com/x/openings
Link to Full Description: http://shschicago.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a239ccftgv6b