Preschool Teaching Assistant | Sacred Heart Schools - Sheridan Rd | IL
Sacred Heart Schools is seeking an Early Childhood Teaching Assistant for the Primary School whose chief responsibility will be to work within the scope of the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart education to support the educational mission of Sacred Heart Schools. The Early Childhood Teaching Assistant is a member of the Primary School Division and is responsible for assisting the Lead Teacher in the early childhood classroom.
The Early Childhood Teaching Assistant will assist the Lead Teacher in one or more classrooms directly working with preschool age students. The ideal candidate will assist and be responsible for direction and overall supervision of a group of preschool children. Performs activities that ensure the safety, involvement, and creativity of each individual in the group. Works cooperatively with the lead teacher to discuss and aide in the implementation of daily plans in accordance with the current curriculum, incorporating D.A.P. (Developmentally Appropriate Practice) and the ISELS (Illinois State Early Learning Standards.)
Date Posted: 2/12/2019
Date Accepting Applications Through: 5/31/2019
Job Title: Preschool Teaching Assistant
Full or Part Time: Full Time
School Name: IL - Sacred Heart Schools - Sheridan Road
Full Position Description: Title: Early Childhood Teaching Assistant Classification: Exempt
Department: Primary School Status: Full-Time, Ten Month
School Day: 7:30 am – 3:30 pm Reports to: Preschool Director
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Share responsibility in the preparation of daily plans and the preparation of teaching materials
- Acquire knowledge of the current curriculum and implement the curriculum practices in the classroom
- Conduct daily small-group activities for an assigned group of children, sharing responsibility for large-group activities and using appropriate adult/child interactions strategies with all children
- Assume responsibility for a classroom at any given time
- Collects required anecdotes and information for required ongoing assessments
- Participate in parent-teacher conferences
- Provide coverage for breaks for other faculty members
- Supervise daily lunch, outdoor classroom activities, rest time and co-curricular classes
- Promote individualized attention for children as needed
- Work with teaching teams in collaboration as needed
- Assist with toilet needs, meal service, record keeping and housekeeping
- Possesses personal attributes needed to develop trusting relationships with children and adults. Such attributes include: Interactions expressive of genuine warmth and concern for children as well as an understanding of their developmental needs
- Respect for children’s ideas, feelings, abilities and differences
- Insights into and tolerance for the range of age appropriate behavior
- Ability to assume needed duties and responsibilities without supervision
- Ability to use discretion in communications with parents in the teacher's absence
- Ability to move and react quickly and to handle emergencies effectively
- Ability to accept changes in schedules, environment, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience with early childhood educators preferred
- Fluency in another language is a plus, but not required
Salary is competitive.
Internal Candidates - Feb. 4th through Feb. 11 at 3:00 p.m.
Please upload a cover letter and current resume
Sacred Heart Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, marital status or any other classification protected by law.
How to Apply: Please go to our website
Link to Full Description: http://shschicago.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a239ccf029zz