Equity, Justice and Multi-Cultural Education (EDME) Coordinator | Sacred Heart Schools - Atherton | CA
Sacred Heart Preparatory is seeking excellent candidates for a high school Equity, Justice and Multi-Cultural Education (EJME) Coordinator for the 2019-2020 academic year. This is a full time position with an 11-month schedule of duties beginning August 1, 2019. Responsibilities include planning and implementing EJME processes and projects at the Preparatory, coordinating with the Prep Student Life team regarding EJME programs, and participating in the Sacred Heart community. Requirements include a BA, (MA preferred) in Social Science, Multicultural Education, Race Theory or Social Justice Teaching and strong experience working with first generation college bound students and/or working with students of color in predominantly white institutions.
Date Posted: 3/18/2019Date Accepting Applications Through: 4/17/2019Job Title: Equity, Justice and Multi-Cultural Education (EJME) Coordinator
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Successful candidates will possess a high level of emotional intelligence, a gentle and caring attitude and most important, a willingness to collaborate with a dynamic team of engaged educators. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated interest in multicultural education, educational technology and a deep concern for educational access, diversity and inclusion (see https://bbk12e1-cdn.myschoolcdn.com/ftpimages/783/misc/misc_133701.pdf ). A healthy and appropriate sense of humor is always a plus! . Well qualified candidates will also demonstrate a clear commitment to the educational philosophy of the school as articulated in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Schools and professional behavior based in it: https://www.shschools.org/page/about/mission--educational-philosophy/educational-philosophy
A sample of Essential Functions are:
- Develop and deliver curricula for 9th & 10th grade students on resiliency, managing cross-cultural interactions, and executive functioning
- In conjunction with College Counseling, develop and deliver college readiness workshops for 11th & 12th grade students
- Provide training and instruction for teachers in the area of equity, access and diversity as it relates to culturally responsive/social justice instruction
- Consult with individual teaches on issues related to student engagement, access, diversity and multicultural teaching practices
- Responsible for recruiting, planning and supervising students at the annual Student Diversity Leadership Conference, administer, and grade tests and assignments in order to evaluate students' progress.
- Partner closely with Prep Student Activities office to plan and implement an effective inclusion of all students in Student Life activities
- Coordinate with families and college counseling staff to support the college applications process and assist with scholarships; including annual college trips (fall/local & spring/southern California)
Qualifications include and are not limited to:
- BA required, MA preferred, in Social Science, Multicultural Education, Race Theory, Social Justice Teaching
- Demonstrated experience and expertise working with first generation college bound students and/or working with students of color in predominantly white institutions
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position at an independent school, preferably a Catholic school
- Ability to communicate effectively with all constituents in a school environment both in English and in Spanish
- Must be available and willing to work evening and weekend events and overnight trips
- Must be available to travel domestically and internationally with minors
For a complete job description please go to https://apptrkr.com/1412231
The advertised position offers competitive compensation. SHS has a policy of making health and welfare benefits available to employees based on the length of assignment and subject to the plan parameters, including medical, dental, Life & LTD, vision, 403(b) retirement plan and more. Pre‐employment background screening is required for all positions.
How to Apply: Please do not contact the school by phone or address your materials to any other addresses other than the ones below. Please apply online by sending a resume and cover letter detailing your grade level experience to hr[@]shschools.org. You MUST indicate Prep EJME Coordinator 2019-2020 on the subject line Or, you may mail your resume and cover letter detailing your grade level experience to: Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton 150 Valparaiso Avenue Atherton, CA 94027 - Attention Human Resources: Prep EJME Coordinator 2019-2020 Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws. As a faith-based institution, we reserve the right to use religion as a criterion in hiring decisions, as permitted by law, as it relates to performing essential job duties.