High School Personal Counselor | Sacred Heart Schools - Atherton | CA
The role of the High School Personal Counselor at Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton (SHS) is an exceptional opportunity to grow your career as a high school social/emotional counselor of one of the Bay Area’s premier independent schools. This full-time position enjoys a 10-month schedule of duties beginning in early August 2019.
Key responsibilities for this important role include:
The ideal candidate will be energized by working collaboratively with colleagues and volunteers. Successful candidates will demonstrate a passion for social/emotional wellness of high school students and their families and a deep commitment to equity and inclusion (see Statement on Equity, Justice, and Multicultural Education). A clear commitment to the educational philosophy of Sacred Heart Schools as articulated in the Goals and Criteria is essential. Basic requirements include and are not limited to:
- Collaborate and partner with school counselors and faculty regarding student needs;
- Collaborate with various faculty and staff regarding developing and implementing social emotional curriculum;
- Counsel individuals and small groups of students toward social and emotional growth;
- Consult with and train teachers, parents and staff regarding student’s social and emotional needs;
- Coordinate and manage student/family requests for medical accommodations and associated Interactive Processes;
- Provide individual short-term counseling, consultation and referrals to students and their parents as needed;
- Coordinate outside service providers and community agencies;
- Participate in the crisis management team;
- Partner with SHP administrative team to evaluate the counseling program;
- Collaborate with the Lower and Middle School Counselors;
- Participate as appropriate on the Health and Wellness Committee.
For a complete job description please visit our career page and scroll to the appropriate posting: https://apptrkr.com/1418856.
- Master’s Degree in School Counseling, Social Work, Clinical/Counseling Psychology.
- Licensed Mental Health Professional.
- California State School Counseling Credential preferred, not required.
- Three years of experience as a school counselor and knowledge of adolescent development.
- Classroom experience teaching and developing SEL lessons, preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated experience with managing the ADA Interactive Process.
- Adheres to the American School Counselor Association Ethical Standards for School Counselors.
- Proficient at developing professional relationships within the school and the school community to enhance student achievement.
- Demonstrated interest in and passion for working with adolescents and their parents.
Founded in 1898 by the Society of the Sacred Heart, SHS is a Catholic, independent, co-ed day school for students in preschool through grade 12. The School is located on a beautiful 64‐acre campus in the San Francisco Bay Area. SHS is one of 24 schools in the U.S. and Canada Network of Sacred Heart Schools and is affiliated with a network of over 200 Sacred Heart schools worldwide. The school's mission is to cultivate in our students a personal and active faith in God and to lay the foundation for a meaningful life.
To learn more about Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton, please see our website at www.shschools.orgEmployment
This position offers competitive compensation and health and welfare benefits subject to plan parameters, including medical, dental, vision, Life & LTD, 403(b) retirement plan and more.
Online: send resume and cover letter to hr[@]shschools.org; please indicate High School Personal Counselor 2019-20 in the subject line.
Sacred Heart Schools
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
Attention Human Resources: High School Personal Counselor 2019-20
Pre‐employment background screening is required for all positions.
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws.
As a faith-based institution, we reserve the right to use religion as a criterion in hiring decisions, as permitted by law, as it relates to performing essential job duties.
How to Apply: https://apptrkr.com/1418856