Director of Advancement | The Regis School of the Sacred Heart | TX
The Director of Advancement is the administrative staff person responsible for the successful, strategic planning, implementation and supervision of all fundraising, cultivation and stewardship activities associated with The Regis School of the Sacred Heart. Key responsibilities include oversight of annual fundraising Gala/Auction, The Regis Fund (annual appeal), Capital Campaign, Grant Writing and Foundation requests.
Date Posted: 05/16/2019Date Accepting Applications Through: 06/15/2019Job Title: Director of AdvancementFull or Part Time: Full Time
The Director of Advancement reports to the Head of School but works closely with the Administrative team and collaborates with the Regis Board of Directors, specifically the Advancement Committee Chair.
Relating to Strategy and Fundraising Goals:
- Develop, oversee and implement the annual Regis Advancement Plan
- Set and meet fundraising goals for the various activities for which the department is responsible; partake in the annual budgeting process to help determine fundraising goals and metrics for the Advancement office.
- Set and achieve, in close collaboration with the Head of School and Board of Directors, annual contributed income goals
- Identify pipeline of volunteers for leadership positions related to fundraising efforts (auction chairs, Parent’s Association committees, etc.)
- Manage a team of Advancement staff and provide direction and input on implementation of the goals.
- Engage the Head of School, Board, and other volunteers, as needed, in advancement activities. Provide training and support, as necessary
- Actively identify, cultivate, and solicit major donors
- Steward and maintain relationships with individual donors, foundation staff, and corporate contribution officers
- Provide leadership and oversight for all fundraising events
Relating to Communication:
- Prepare and distribute Advancement Reports for Advancement Committee Chair in advance of monthly Board meetings
- Research and prepare grant applications and required stewardship reports for foundations
- Work with Director of Admissions, Communications, other administration staff to ensure consistent messaging across social media, printed communications and website
- Coordinate, draft and develop annual report in conjunction with the Head of School
- Assist in development of content and design for presentations given by Head of School including State of the School
- Contribute Advancement content for the Regis website
- Oversee the maintenance of records of contributions and grants and preparation of gift acknowledgement letters to be sent to donors in a timely manner
- Pull queries and reports from the Advancement Database as needed for mailings and reporting
Qualifications/Job Skill Requirements:
- Five plus years of experience in Advancement, Development or Fundraising; non-profit or educational experience preferred.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in related field or college degree
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite of products
- Experience with overseeing printing and graphic design preferred
- Maintain utmost confidentiality respecting the privacy of parents, peers, donors, students and The Regis School
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal skills, building relationships across all disciplines and constituent groups (parents, volunteers, donors, peers)
- Adhere to professional code of conduct, maintain professional standards
- Ability to expand current funding to include planned giving and cultivation of new funders, including major gift donors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proposal development and grant writing experience and research
- Strong organizational skills to plan, implement and administer a successful fundraising program and specific initiatives
- Ability to represent Regis in the community, establish and maintain strong relationships with the funding community, board members and volunteers
- Candidate must be willing to be flexible in work schedule and work occasional weekends and evenings for special event activities.
How to Apply: Applicants should provide documents by June 15, 2019 via email to Mrs. Sonya Gilmore at sgilmore[@]theregisschool.org. Applicants should include: 1) current resume 2) three letters of reference 3) one-page personal philosophy statement around fundraising.
Link to Full Description: https://www.theregisschool.org/discover/employment