Middle School Theology Teacher | Convent of the Sacred Heart - Greenwich | CT
The Middle School Theology teacher is responsible for providing a stimulating and developmentally appropriate educational environment in a way that is in accordance with the Goals and Criteria of a Sacred Heart education and the philosophy that implements it. This philosophy includes providing children opportunities to develop spiritual, cognitive, social, emotional, and physical skills.
Date Posted: 06/19/2019Date Accepting Applications Through: 07/31/2019Job Title: Middle School Theology TeacherFull or Part Time: Full Time
Sacred Heart Greenwich provides an empowering learning environment for girls and young women from kindergarten through twelfth grade to prepare them to become confident, intelligent and compassionate global leaders. The school offers a coed program for young children at the Barat Center for Early Childhood Education. Our 700 students carry on the Sacred Heart tradition of academic excellence and development of the mind, body and spirit on our beautiful 110-acre campus in Greenwich, Connecticut.
We are currently seeking a full-time Middle School Theology teacher for the 2019-2020 school year.
Position: Middle School Theology teacher
Reports to: Head of Middle School
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Middle School Theology teacher is responsible for providing a stimulating and developmentally appropriate educational environment in a way that is in accordance with the Goals and Criteria of a Sacred Heart education and the philosophy that implements it. This philosophy includes providing children opportunities to develop spiritual, cognitive, social, emotional, and physical skills. The Theology Teacher has the following responsibilities:
- Serve as a resource for students to foster Goal I of a Sacred Heart education – a personal and active faith in God;
- Teach two grades of Middle School Theology;
- Serve as an advisor to a group of Middle School students;
- Collaborate with Middle School Campus Minister to plan and lead Middle School chapel services and Liturgies
- Organize and provide developmentally appropriate educational programs and instruction;
- Plan and implement curriculum and differentiated instruction for Middle School students based on the acquisition of skills such as analytical and creative thinking, oral and written communication, leadership and collaboration, digital and quantitative literacy, global perspective, initiative, integrity, habits of mind and faith;
- Lead a student-centered classroom environment and provide activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration and problem-solving, appropriate to the developmental levels and learning styles of the students;
- Create a supportive and caring classroom environment in which students can learn and interact positively with one another; through student-centered instruction and authentic assessment;
- Maintain an open and cooperative relationship with students, colleagues and parents;
- Participate in Middle School faculty and departmental meetings; performing various faculty supervisory duties.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a graduate degree in Theology, Religious Studies or a related field and experience teaching Middle School aged students. The applicant must be a practicing Catholic in good standing in order to be eligible for this position.
As members of the international network of Sacred Heart schools, we are committed to attracting and retaining faculty with a passion for teaching who demonstrate an active faith, practice a deep respect for intellectual values, promote social awareness, build community, and value personal growth and responsibility. We seek faculty who are committed to all-girl education and who will draw upon current research to maximize student learning. Sacred Heart Greenwich is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes candidates who will enhance the diversity of our community.
Please Apply Online at http://www.applitrack.com/cshgreenwich/onlineapp/
How to Apply: http://www.applitrack.com/cshgreenwich/onlineapp/