Middle School Physical Education and Health Instructor | Sacred Heart Schools - Sheridan Road | IL
Founded in Chicago in 1876, Sacred Heart Schools at Sheridan Road (Hardey Preparatory for Boys and Academy of the Sacred Heart for Girls are independent, Catholic, single-sex, elementary schools committed to academic excellence within the context of a Christian, faith-based community. The educational mission is deeply rooted in the 200-year tradition of the Society of the Sacred Heart and shared with the Network of Sacred Heart Schools located in 30 countries; including 22 schools in the United States. The essence of this tradition is the total development of each child: spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, and physical. Our girls and boys are taught in single-sex classrooms but follow a similar curriculum and share in many activities. With a total enrollment of approximately 700 students, the Schools are organized into three academic divisions, each led by a division head.
Date Posted: 6/17/2019
Date Accepting Applications Through: 8/1/22019
Job Title: Middle School Physical Education and Health Instructor
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Sacred Heart Schools is seeking a Middle School Physical Education and Health Teacher, whose chief responsibility will be to work within the scope of the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Education to teach sixth through eighth grade physical education. As a member of the Middle School faculty, this instructor will collaborate with the Head of the Middle School, grade level teams, division, advisory teams, and departmental teams.
Essential Job Function:
The Physical Education and Health Instructor will work within the scope of the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Education to teach physical education and health for Middle School.
As a member of the Middle School faculty, this teacher will be responsible for:
- Instructing physical education and health for grades 6, 7 and 8
- Curriculum formation and evaluation
- Student assessment
- Working as an active and collaborative member of grade teams and other Middle -School faculty members
- Maintain current with the most recent physical education and health pedagogy
- Align with other physical education instructor in the other divisions
- Primary and Lower School for vertical curriculum coordination.
- Parent communication and education concerning their students’ performance and progress
- Serve as a Middle School Advisor
- Fulfilling other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Middle School which are subject to change at any time including to satisfy a reasonable accommodation or for other reasons.
Qualities & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education with Middle School and Physical Education endorsements/licensures
- 2-5 years of experience teaching physical education.
- Demonstration of effective behavior management skills
- Demonstration of parent communications skills
- Experience teaching Middle School grades
- Experience teaching physical education and health
- Experience teaching in a single gender environment
Sacred Heart Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate.
How to Apply: Visit http://shschicago.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a239ccfq6lkt
Link to Full Description: http://shschicago.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a239ccfq6lkt