Lower School Spanish Instructor | Sacred Heart Schools - Sheridan Road | IL
Founded in Chicago in 1876, Sacred Heart Schools at Sheridan Road (Hardey Preparatory for Boys and Academy of the Sacred Heart for Girls are independent, Catholic, single-sex, elementary schools committed to academic excellence within the context of a Christian, faith-based community. The educational mission is deeply rooted in the 200-year tradition of the Society of the Sacred Heart and shared with the Network of Sacred Heart Schools located in 30 countries; including 22 schools in the United States. The essence of this tradition is the total development of each child: spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, and physical. Our girls and boys are taught in single-sex classrooms but follow a similar curriculum and share in many activities. With a total enrollment of approximately 700 students, the Schools are organized into three academic divisions, each led by a division head.
Date Posted: 6/17/2019
Date Accepting Applications Through: 8/1/22019
Job Title: Lower School Spanish Instructor
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Sacred Heart Schools is seeking a foreign language teacher in the Lower School (3rd through 5th grade). The qualified candidate should have experience teaching Spanish language as well as an awareness of current pedagogy of single gender education. Sacred Heart offers an opportunity to participate in the total development of each child in a faith-based learning community.
Essential Job Function:
- Curriculum development and implementation, classroom management (including organization and appearance), student evaluation, grade reporting and parent communication
- Experience with incorporating additional duties (i.e., playground supervision, lunchroom supervision, etc.)
- Have a working knowledge of the school technology program, laptops, and software necessary to the implementation of the curriculum
- Maintain clear, accurate, up-to-date classroom records including: Curriculum updates, lesson plans, assessments, rubrics, and attendance
- Fulfill other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Lower School which are subject to change at any time including to satisfy a reasonable accommodation or for other reasons
Qualities & Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred
- Spanish fluency
- 2-4 years of classroom experience at the elementary school level
Sacred Heart Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate.
How to Apply: Visit http://shschicago.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a239ccfzbvmk
Link to Full Description: http://shschicago.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a239ccfzbvmk