Middle School Spanish Teacher | Academy of the Sacred Heart - The Rosary | LA
The Academy of the Sacred Heart in New Orleans, founded in 1867, is an independent, Catholic, college-prep institution for girls offering 17 years of instruction for toddlers through twelfth grade.
Academy of the Sacred Heart is one of 24 Network of Sacred Heart Schools in the United States-Canada sponsored by the Religious of the Sacred Heart (RSCJ).
The Academy of the Sacred Heart is seeking a full-time Spanish Teacher for the Middle School (grades 5-8). The Middle School Spanish teacher as a Middle School faculty member is directly
accountable to the Division Head.
The Middle School Spanish teacher as a Middle School faculty member is directlyaccountable to the Division Head. S(he) works with the Division Head, Dean of Students, students and parents to ensure that the spirit and the life of the school reflect the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart education. S(he):
- Understands, embraces and implements the school's mission and philosophy as written in the Goals and Criteria; participates in the Christ-centered life of the school; and models the school’s philosophy in working with students, parents, colleagues and administration.
- Works with the Division Head to execute responsibilities relating to the academic program: curriculum development and implementation, classroom design, classroom management,student evaluation, progress reports and parent communication, and to execute responsibilities as outlined by the Division Head and Department Chairs, which contribute to smooth department functioning.
- Works with the Division Head and Dean of Students to execute responsibilities relating to student life programs, extra-academic activities, student discipline and facility use.
- Works with the Middle School Guidance Counselor and Learning Specialist to aid students in achieving their maximum development and growth, both within and beyond the classroom, achieved through observation of students' behavior and needs, consultation with the Counselor, Learning Specialist, Division Head and other professionals, when indicated.
- Works with the College Counselor by providing input on students' character and academic performance, by writing college recommendations and by assisting with standardized testing, as requested.
- Attends and participates in the following: chapels, liturgical functions, retreats, faculty/department/in-service meetings, assemblies, parent assemblies, conferences and other school functions, as requested.
- Maintains professional currency by ensuring professional certification and actively participating in the professional development program (which includes opportunities for attendance at conferences, workshops and educational meetings, and for advanced degree coursework), and by regular reading of educational journals and discipline-related materials.
- Anticipates potential absences, due to illness, family, professional development, etc., and prepares work accordingly, notifying the Division Head in a timely fashion, in order that substitutes are called as needed.
- Agrees to fulfill the terms of the contract of employment.
How to Apply: https://www.ashrosary.org/page.cfm?p=515Link to Full Description: https://www.ashrosary.org/uploaded/About_Pics/We're_Hiring/2019-2020_Job_Postings/Middle_School_Spanish_Teacher_6.7.19.pdf
- A degree in Education or Spanish (Master’s degree preferred)
- Experience in a variety of student centered instructional techniques and approaches
- Enthusiasm for working collaboratively with colleagues including the desire to plan integrative curriculum experiences across the disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to constructively collaborate with colleagues and parents
- Knowledge of academic and social developmental benchmarks
- Actively demonstrates a growth mindset