Convent of the Sacred Heart - Greenwich | Greenwich, CT | Upper School Chemistry Teacher
The Chemistry Teacher in Upper School is responsible for providing a stimulating and developmentally appropriate educational environment in a way that is in accordance with the Goals and Criteria of a Sacred Heart education and the philosophy that implements it. This philosophy includes providing children opportunities to develop spiritual, cognitive, social, emotional, and physical skills.
Date Posted: 01/07/2020Job Title: Upper School Chemistry TeacherFull or Part Time: Full Time
Full Position Description: Sacred Heart Greenwich provides an empowering learning environment for girls and young women from kindergarten through twelfth grade to prepare them to become confident, intelligent and compassionate global leaders. The school offers a coed program for young children at the Barat Center for Early Childhood Education. Our 700 students carry on the Sacred Heart tradition of academic excellence and development of the mind, body and spirit on our beautiful 110-acre campus in Greenwich, Connecticut.
We are currently seeking an Upper School Chemistry Teacher for the 2020-2021 school year.
Position: Upper School Chemistry Teacher
Reports to: Head of Upper School
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Chemistry Teacher in Upper School is responsible for providing a stimulating and developmentally appropriate educational environment in a way that is in accordance with the Goals and Criteria of a Sacred Heart education and the philosophy that implements it. This philosophy includes providing children opportunities to develop spiritual, cognitive, social, emotional, and physical skills. The Chemistry Teacher has the following responsibilities:
- Teaching 3 sections of College-Prep Chemistry (10th grade); focusing content on classifying matter, atomic structure, chemical bonding, chemical reactions and stoichiometry, thermodynamics, phase changes, equilibrium, and acids/bases.
- Teaching 1 additional section that is to be determined; ability to teach either AP Chemistry or AP Physics C is preferred.
- Serving as an advisor to a group of Upper School students
- Organizing and providing developmentally appropriate educational programs and instruction; planning and implementing curriculum and differentiated instruction for Upper School students
- Providing activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving appropriate to the developmental levels and learning styles of his/her students
- Planning and preparing supportive and caring classroom environment in which children can learn and interact positively with one another; overseeing instruction and authentic assessment; supervising children in the classroom
- Interacting with parents; maintaining open and cooperative communication with parents and families, encouraging their involvement
- Participate in regular Upper School and departmental meetings and perform various faculty supervisory duties
The ideal candidate will have a graduate degree in Chemistry or related field, and experience teaching College-Prep level Chemistry courses and AP Chemistry or AP Physics C to Upper-School-aged students.
As members of the international network of Sacred Heart schools, we are committed to attracting and retaining faculty with a passion for teaching who demonstrate an active faith, practice a deep respect for intellectual values, promote social awareness, build community, and value personal growth and responsibility. We seek faculty who are committed to all-girl education and who will draw upon current research to maximize student learning. Convent of the Sacred Heart is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes candidates who will enhance the cultural diversity of our community.
To Apply: Interested candidates must complete the on-line application on our website: http://www.applitrack.com/cshgreenwich/onlineapp/
How to Apply: http://www.applitrack.com/cshgreenwich/onlineapp/