Convent of the Sacred Heart - 91st St | New York, NY | Upper School Math Teacher
Convent of the Sacred Heart is New York City's oldest independent school for girls, educating students in Pre-K through 12. As part of an international network of schools, we are committed to a set of principles shared by all Sacred Heart Schools. Known as the "Goals and Criteria,” these principles articulate the core components of a Sacred Heart education, and charge our community with a unified educational mission.
At the heart of our philosophy is the belief that each child possesses unique gifts. Our job is to unearth those gifts, nurture them, and empower each child of the Sacred Heart to share those gifts with the global community. Convent of the Sacred Heart is committed to being an equitable and inclusive community and seeks candidates who connect to our Mission and Goals.
Upper School Math Teacher
Late August 2021
: Upper School Math TeacherReports to:
Upper School Division Head/ Math Department ChairFLSA
: Exempt, full-time
Convent of the Sacred Heart seeks an experienced Upper School Math Teacher for a full-time position beginning late August 2021Responsibilities:
Courses include, but not limited to Geometry, Algebra II/Trigonometry, Calculus, Upper level classes including Statistics and Linear AlgebraAdditional responsibilities include:
- Collaborate and plan with the Math faculty
- Provide academic support for students outside of class time
- Attend department and weekly faculty meetings.
- Support the students and division by covering study halls, lunch duties and other assignments as needed.
- Master’s degree
- 2 years previous teaching experience
- Proficiency with current educational technology, especially blended learning platforms and as part of classroom instruction and for hybrid/distance learning.
- Demonstrated interest in upper school education, and the ability to relate and communicate effectively and appropriately with adolescent girls.
An equal opportunity employer, Sacred Heart seeks to hire outstanding and diverse faculty and staff who work together harmoniously toward the common mission of the school.How to Apply:
Apply on below link
Link to Full Description: https://cshnyc.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2v8ra16q4qo/aabn