Sacred Heart Academy Bryn Mawr | Bryn Mawr, PA | Upper School History Teacher
SHA seeks a thoughtful, creative, collaborative, and experienced upper school history teacher for the 2021-2022 academic school year. The position may include sections of United States History, AP United States History and AP Modern History.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic educator who has experience teaching Advanced Placement history courses. The candidate seeks professional growth and learning every day and inspires others to do the same through optimism, selflessness, flexibility, and teamwork. The candidate possesses a willingness to collaborate with dedicated educators within the Sacred Heart faculty. The candidate will show empathy for and a passion to work with adolescent girls as well as a commitment to the development of the whole child. The candidate will work closely with the English teacher as part of Sacred Heart’s Integrated Humanities program.
The candidate will participate in the life of the Upper School by serving as an advisor, and leading a club or coaching a sports team. Sacred Heart Academy Bryn Mawr works to create a community and curriculum that reflect our values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice and the candidate should model these values.
: April 16, 2021Date Accepting Applications Through:
June 1, 2021Job Title:
Upper School History TeacherFull or Part Time:
- Passion for teaching and for girls’ education.
- Ability to design and facilitate rigorous, empowering lesson plans that are student-centered and thought-provoking.
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to spark a love of learning in students.
- Knowledge of and experience with the Advanced Placement history curricula.
- Excellent communication skills, a genuine appreciation of adolescents, a sense of humor, and the ability to work well within a collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in history required, advanced degree preferred.
- Prior history teaching experience strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of classroom technology.
- Willingness to work with colleagues to evaluate, design, and implement history curricula.
- Commitment to curriculum and instruction that demonstrates cultural competency.