Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart | Bethesda, MD | Director of Marketing and Communications
Stone Ridge is seeking a Director of Marketing & Communications to begin work ASAP.
Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart, a member of the international Network of Sacred Heart Schools, is a Catholic, independent college preparatory school for girls, Grades 1-12, with a co-educational Early Childhood Program, Pre-Kindergarten, and Kindergarten in Bethesda, Maryland. With over 700 students, and rooted in the Goals & Criteria of Sacred Heart education, Stone Ridge inspires young women to lead and serve, through lives of purpose that integrate faith, intellect, community, social action, and personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom.
: Director of Marketing and CommunicationsFull or Part Time
: Full TimeThe Director of Marketing & Communications will be responsible for:
The successful candidate
- Serving as the School’s lead brand ambassador and champion.
- Working with the Head of School to lead and manage all crisis communications.
- Ensuring all marketing and communication materials reflect the School’s Sacred Heart mission and strategic initiatives.
- Serving on the administrative management team.
- Working within a Catholic organization and communicating through the lens of the school’s Catholic identity
- Providing direction to cross-functional teams to produce effective promotional materials (Head of School and Division offices, Admissions, Advancement, Athletics, etc.);
- Collaborating on and assisting on email marketing campaigns for Offices of Enrollment Management and Institutional Advancement.
- Assisting in setting long-term and annual strategic goals and managing an integrated marketing and communications approach for school-wide initiatives.
- Providing leadership, including day-to day management and motivation of communications staff, ensuring collaboration and development of staff member’s professional growth.
- Recognizing opportunities to tell unique and inclusive stories
- Assisting in creation of presentations for Stone Ridge stakeholders (parents, donors, alumnae);
- Developing a comprehensive publications calendar (concept, design, content, editorial, and production for paper and electronic communications) that reaches and influences the School’s target audiences;
- Advising and suggesting application of current industry trends in communications and marketing, particularly with an eye to regional trends applicable to the independent school market.
- Building and cultivating relationships with faculty, students, and staff while encouraging all constituents to share community-made marketing content
- Collaborating with colleagues, especially with members of the Admissions and Advancement teams
holds a bachelor’s degree in English or Marketing/Communications or a related field and a minimum of five years of Marketing/Communications experience. They possess strong written, editorial, and oral communication skills and have experience supervising and leading staff. The successful candidate has a demonstrated track record for collaboration, organization and efficiency, and the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines. A person who is naturally thorough and precise with a strong attention to detail is a must, as is someone committed to mission-driven organizations. The successful candidate has a demonstrated ability to authentically capture and amplify a wide range of voices and embody a commitment to institutional diversity, equity, and inclusion, has a nuanced understanding of social media best practices and a keen eye for developing cultural trends.
Experience in Catholic and/or independent schools is preferred but not required. This position is a 12-month position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applicants of diverse, underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should complete the application below. Stone Ridge is looking for a candidate who is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and who has experience or interest in teaching in independent, Catholic schools, public, or charter schools. As part of the online application, please upload a resume, list of references, and cover letter addressed to Ms. Courtney Perna, Human Resources Manager, all in PDF format. Additionally, candidates are required to submit samples of relevant communications work.