Residence Life Staff Member | Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart | IL
The Residence Life program at Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart, an all-girls day and boarding secondary school in Lake Forest, Illinois, is accepting applications for the 2019-2020 academic year for Residence Life staff member.
Date Posted: February 11, 2019Date Accepting Applications Through: rollingJob Title: Residence Life Staff MemberFull or Part Time: Full TimeSchool Name: IL - Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart
Exciting opportunity to develop the enormous potential of young women at a school where girls take center stage!
Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart is one of 24 Sacred Heart schools in the United States and Canada. Sacred Heart education at Woodlands Academy is distinctive and emphasizes best practices for the education of girls and innovative practices for academic excellence. Established in 1858, the school forms global citizens and transforms young women within a dynamic of relationships that responds to the dignity of each member of the school community. Woodlands Academy believes that a multicultural perspective is an essential element of a 21st Century education and values diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
The Residence Life program at Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart, an all-girls day and boarding secondary school in Lake Forest, Illinois, is accepting applications for the 2019-2020 academic year for Residence Life staff member. This full-time position is under the supervision of the Director of Residence Life.
Candidates must be female and possess a B.A. or a B.S. degree. Each staff member must possess a valid driver's license. Relevant boarding or residence life experience is highly preferred.
Residence Life staff members live in the residence hall. The ideal candidate is caring, enthusiastic, and committed to helping high school girls grow socio-emotionally and interpersonally within a residential campus community. She models a healthy lifestyle for students and actively fosters an environment in which each student is empowered to achieve personal growth in an atmosphere of appropriate wise freedom.
Job responsibilities include:
- providing a mixture of rotating after-school, evening, and weekend supervision of high school girls (ages 14-19): staff are typically on duty every other weekend (Friday 2:40pm through Monday 8am), two weeknights a week (2pm through 8am the following morning), and attend weekly staff meetings and community nights;
- working as part of the Residence Life team to safeguard the well-being of students, refine residence hall policies, and coordinate ongoing activities;
- being available to residents while on duty and maintaining a positive, proactive presence;
- developing and implementing a full program of social, service, and educational activities;
- monitoring student whereabouts by performing check-ins/rounds and adhering to check in/out procedures;
- providing transportation to residence life and school events and activities in school vehicles;
- supporting and enforcing policies in a manner conducive to students’ growth;
- communicating issues to the Director of Residence and other staff in a timely manner;
- other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate has a sense of humor and a genuine interest in shaping the experience of adolescent girls, primarily international students, as they develop their sense of self in a communal living and learning environment.
Housing and all meals during the academic year are included with this position. Due to the nature of the facilities (all-female) and residence hall configuration, Residence Life staff members cannot have spouses or friends reside with them in the residence hall. Residence Life staff member responsibilities may be supplemented with substitute teaching or other responsibilities, depending on individual circumstances.
Position start August 1, 2019.
Please complete the application materials listed on the Employment web page of the school's website at www.woodlandsacademy.org. All applicants must submit an application, cover letter, resume, three written references, and a personal reflection. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
For more information about Woodlands, visit the school's website at www.woodlandsacademy.organd the website of the Network of Sacred Heart Schools at www.sacredheartusc.education
Woodlands Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Woodlands Academy does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, age, disability, status as a veteran or being a member of the Reserves of National Guard, or any other classification protected under state or federal law.
How to Apply: See above
Link to Full Description: https://www.woodlandsacademy.org/about/employment/job-postings-detail/~post/residence-life-staff-member-20190211