POSTPONED UNTIL FALL 2020
March 8-11th, 2020
Roots for Middle School Students is an opportunity for 6th and 7th grade students in Sacred Heart schools to learn more about St. Rose Philippine Duchesne, who along with four other RSCJ brought the mission of the Society of the Sacred Heart to North America. During our program, we will spend time both at the Academy in Saint Charles, the Shrine in her honor, and visit Saint Ferdinand's in Florissant, another foundation of Mother Duchesne.
In addition, it will provide the experience of Goal IV - Building Community across the Network and encourage students to focus on how they may Cross Frontiers, like Philippine in their own schools and communities. Students will learn what binds us together as a Network while also sharing the unique elements of their own schools.
Our time in Saint Louis also allows us to focus on the history of the United States and the westward expansion for which the city was an important threshold.
Roots for Middle School studdents is targeted toward 6th and 7th grade students in Sacred Heart schools. The program will begin on Sunday evening, March 8th and conclude on Wednesday morning, March 11th.
We will also include time for the adult chaperones to connect with each other in their important roles as Middle School faculty and administrators.
- We will be staying at Pallottine Retreat Center in Florissant, MO.
- Schools must send at least one chapersone per group.
- The cost for the program for students is $450. This includes room and meals at the retreat center as well as the Network program fee of $200 per person. The cost for the adults is $250 which covers the cost of the room and meals at the retreat center.
- Students will be in double occupancy rooms.
- Chaperones will have their own rooms.
- Ideally, schools would send 2-4 students. Co-ed or co-institutional schools should send a like number of girls and boys. We have space for 50 students (double occupancy rooms) and 20 adult chaperones (single rooms).
to Register or the Link on the Right.
Thanks to Lourdes Aguiar – Carrollton, Amanda Baumgartner – Carrollton, Karen Cornell – Greenwich, Kristin Monfredini – Stuart Hall San Francisco, Todd Paulson – Sheridan Road, and Julie Werton- ASH St. Charles, the plans for the Middle School Students Roots program are going well.
If you have any questions
, Karen Cornell (email@example.com)
and Kristin Monfredini (firstname.lastname@example.org)
are co-chairing this committee. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact them.