Third Grade Teacher | Convent of the Sacred Heart - 91st St | NY
Convent of the Sacred Heart is New York City's oldest independent school for girls, educating students in Pre-K through 12. As part of an international network of schools, we are committed to a set of principles shared by all Sacred Heart Schools. Known as the "Goals and Criteria,” these principles articulate the core components of a Sacred Heart education, and charge our community with a unified educational mission.
At the heart of our philosophy is the belief that each child possesses unique gifts. Our job is to unearth those gifts, nurture them, and empower each child of the Sacred Heart to share those gifts with the global community. Convent of the Sacred Heart is committed to being an equitable and inclusive community and seeks candidates who connect to our Mission and Goals.
Date Posted: 2/27/2019Date Accepting Applications Through: 5/31/2019Job Title: Third Grade TeacherFull or Part Time: Full Time
- Masters Degree in Elementary Education
- Minimum of two years experience teaching elementary school children
- Maintain congruency between the school and the mission as articulated in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart schools
- Provide an orderly, warm, caring, and inviting classroom community and a positive and productive learning environment
- Identify and respond to individual student’s academic and social-emotional needs in collaboration with the Support Services Team (LS Psychologist, Administrators, and Learning Specialists)
- Monitor student progress to determine the effectiveness of interventions
- Develop, plan, and teach math, social studies, writer’s workshop, and reading lessons: Experience teaching Singapore Math, Reader’s Workshop and Writer’s Workshop preferred
- Collaborate with grade-level team members to enhance the curriculum
- Use a variety of teaching techniques and strategies to engage students in learning, including project-based instruction and methods of differentiated instruction
- Implement classroom management strategies to monitor student behavior
- Communicate effectively with parents on a regular basis through meetings, phone calls, emails, parent teacher conferences, and report cards
- Collaborate with specialty teachers (art, music, science, technology, creative drama, religion, language, physical education, and library), the math and reading specialists, and our STEAM Team to plan and integrate thematic units of study across the curriculum
- Utilize technology when teaching and planning lessons
- Attend and participate actively in division and whole school faculty meetings as well as professional development opportunities
- Maintain accurate, detailed records of student progress, parent communication, and lessons
- Perform assigned, ongoing scheduled responsibilities with care (roof duty, lunch duty, dismissal, etc.)
- An equal opportunity employer, Sacred Heart seeks to hire outstanding and diverse faculty and staff who work together harmoniously toward the common mission of the school.
Link to Full Description: http://cshnyc.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2v8ra1wdg1p/aabn