Lower School Associate Teacher | Sacred Heart Schools - Atherton | CA
This full-time, paid position is an exciting, invaluable opportunity to gain experience partnering with experienced lead teachers in Lower School (1st-5th grade) growing our burgeoning Associate Teaching program. As teachers in training, Associate Teachers will observe and participate in all aspects of the classroom to gain essential experience. This will include planning, implementing, and assessing curriculum while supporting the academic, social, and emotional growth of students. Associate Teachers will take initiative to actively participate in our community and help grow our program.
Date Posted: 3/19/2019
Date Accepting Applications Through: 4/19/2019
Job Title: Lower School Associate Teacher 2019-20
Full or Part Time: Full Time
School Name: CA - Sacred Heart Schools - Atherton
Full Position Description: Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton (SHS) is seeking highly qualified candidates for Lower School Associate Teachers for the 2019-2020 academic year beginning in early August 2019.Summary of PositionThis full-time, paid position is an exciting, invaluable opportunity to gain experience partnering with experienced lead teachers in Lower School (1st-5th grade) growing our burgeoning Associate Teaching program. As teachers in training, Associate Teachers will observe and participate in all aspects of the classroom to gain essential experience. This will include planning, implementing, and assessing curriculum while supporting the academic, social, and emotional growth of students. Associate Teachers will take initiative to actively participate in our community and help grow our program.The Associate Teacher will also participate in the greater community, through collaborating with other teachers on interdisciplinary projects, chaperoning field trips, contributing to parent-teacher conferences, and participating in faculty meetings and professional development. There may be additional paid opportunities for working in the after-school program, coaching, or tutoring.To support their professional growth, Associate Teachers will receive hands-on teaching opportunities, mentorship from their lead teacher(s), and supportive coaching. Associate Teachers will have the unique opportunity to help shape and define a program in its nascent years.The school recognizes that the scope of an Associate Teacher’s work will depend in part on that Associate’s particular schedule and grade, as well as the particular teacher training program expectations. Sacred Heart is committed to supporting Associate Teachers who are in credential programs.For a complete job description please go to https://apptrkr.com/1412330
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Collaborative curriculum planning
- Preparing classroom materials
- Leading group activities and lessons, including small reading and math groups
- Supporting curricular and student assessment
- Helping maintain a clean, organized learning environment
- Communicating regularly with the lead teacher
- Modeling patience, flexibility, kindness, responsibility, a sense of humor, and a respect for others
- Participating in the formal communication with parents, such as parent conferences, report writing, and Back-to-School Night
- Contributing to the school community in faculty meetings, professional development, and events
EmploymentSHS offers competitive compensation and health and welfare benefits subject to plan parameters, including medical, dental, vision, Life & LTD, 403(b) retirement plan and more.To ApplyPlease apply via email by sending a cover letter and resume to hr[@]shschools.org You MUST indicate Lower School Associate Teacher 2019-20 in the subject line of the e‐mail. Please do not contact the Schools by phone or by unscheduled visit. You may also choose to mail your materials to:
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in education or education-related field
- Experience working with lower school-age children in some capacity (teaching, tutoring, coaching, camps)
- An appreciation and desire to work with all types of learners
- Enthusiasm for pursuing a teaching career
- Proficient in use of technology
- Interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and professionalism to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Initiative and openness to receiving and giving feedback
- Interest and flexibility in helping shape a pilot program
- A sense of humor!
- Commitment to equity and inclusion (see https://bbk12e1-cdn.myschoolcdn.com/ftpimages/783/misc/misc_133701.pdf )
Sacred Heart Schools
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027 Attention Human Resources: Lower School Associate Teacher 2019-20Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis and a pre‐employment background screening is required for all positions.
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws.
As a faith-based institution, we reserve the right to use religion as a criterion in hiring decisions, as permitted by law, as it relates to performing essential job duties.
How to Apply: https://apptrkr.com/1412330