Date Posted: 4/24/2019Date Accepting Applications Through: 5/24/2019Job Title: Middle School Learning SpecialistFull or Part Time: Full Time
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton (SHS) is seeking excellent candidates for a Learning Specialist in the middle school to begin in early-August 2019. This position is full-time, supporting students and classroom teachers while participating in the Sacred Heart community. Requirements include a Master’s degree or post-graduate work in education with emphasis in varied exceptionalities or learning disabilities. The successful candidate will actively engage students in the learning process, nurturing analytical thinking and a life-long love of learning. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated interest in multicultural education, educational technology and a deep concern for educational access, diversity and inclusion and previous experience in a Sacred Heart School. A healthy and appropriate sense of humor is always a plus! For a complete job description, please visit https://apptrkr.com/1445171
.Well qualified candidates will also have:
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- A clear commitment to the educational philosophy of the school as articulated in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Schools and professional behavior based on it. https://www.shschools.org/page/about/mission--educational-philosophy/educational-philosophy
- Master’s degree or post-graduate work in education with emphasis in varied exceptionalities or learning disabilities
- A minimum of five years teaching and/or administration experience in an independent school environment.
- Demonstrated experience working in a special education environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to mentor and coach executive functioning skills. Demonstrated leadership and facilitative skills
- Strong teaching ability; enjoy working with adolescents. Fluency in reading, writing and speaking in English.
- Ability to work well with students and colleagues; willingness to be an active, enthusiastic member of the SHS community. Commitment to equity and inclusion. (see https://bbk12e1-cdn.myschoolcdn.com/ftpimages/783/misc/misc_133701.pdf)
- Teaches grade-leveled Academic Skills Course (ASC)
- Observes and monitors students for academic difficulties and skill development
- Works 1:1 and in small groups to address learning challenges
- Develops individual learning plans and monitors their implementation
- Provides leadership and collaborates with faculty in integration alternative learning styles for students
- Collaborates with parents and teachers to assist students with modified educational goals
- Facilitates learning services and follow-up support as needed
- Counsels parents who want information about special testing, ideas about home study management or methods of reading with children
- Plans and co-teaches skills-based content lessons across subjects and grade levels
Founded in 1898, Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton is an independent, coeducational Catholic school, as interpreted and lived by the Society of the Sacred Heart (RSCJ). Our mission is to cultivate in students a personal and active faith in God and to lay the foundation for a meaningful life. Located on a beautiful 64‐acre campus in the San Francisco Bay Area, SHS comprises two academic divisions: Preschool – Grade 8 (P-8), and Sacred Heart Preparatory (SHP) for grades 9-12.
For more information about our school, our community, and our athletics programs, please visit http://www.shschools.org/Page/About/Fast-Facts
The advertised position offers competitive compensation. SHS has a policy of making health and welfare benefits available to employees based on the length of assignment and subject to the plan parameters, including medical, dental, Life & LTD, vision, 403(b) retirement plan and more.To Apply:
Please do not contact the school by phone or address your materials to any other addresses other than the ones below. Please apply online by sending a resume and cover letter detailing your grade level experience to hr[@]shschools.org
You MUST indicate MS Learning Specialist 2019-2020 Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Pre‐employment background screening is required for all positions.
Or, you may mail your resume and cover letter detailing your grade level experience to:
Sacred Heart Schools
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
Attention Human Resources: MS Learning Specialist 2019-2020
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws.
As a faith-based institution, we reserve the right to use religion as a criterion in hiring decisions, as permitted by law, as it relates to performing essential job duties.How to Apply