Lower/Middle School Executive Assistant/Assistant Office Manager | Sacred Heart Schools - Atherton | CA
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton (SHS) is rooted in a strong and deep history. Founded in 1898 by the Society of the Sacred Heart, an international congregation of Catholic women religious, it is a Roman Catholic, independent, coeducational school dedicated to the educational philosophy expressed in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Schools. SHS is made up of three divisions: Preschool & Kindergarten, Lower & Middle Schools (grades first through eighth) and Preparatory (grades nine through 12).
Located on a beautiful 64‐acre campus in the San Francisco Bay Area, SHS is one of 24 schools in the U.S. and Canada Network of Sacred Heart Schools and is affiliated with a network of over 200 Sacred Heart schools worldwide. The school's mission is to educate the whole child to be a leader who loves God and serves others.
The role of the Lower/Middle School (LMS) Executive Assistant/ Assistant Office Manager at Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton (SHS) is an exceptional opportunity to expand your career as a respected staff member of one of the Bay Area’s premier independent Catholic schools. This full-time position enjoys an 11-month schedule of duties beginning August 1, 2019.Essential Duties include but are not limited to:
Required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience include but are not limited to:
- Executive Assistant to Principal of the P-8 and appropriate P-8 Administrator(s);
- Manages correspondence, maintains the calendar, setting appointments, preparing special reports and projects, taking minutes for faculty meetings;
- Acts as the “gatekeeper” for Principal of the P-8 employing extreme diplomacy and grace. Answers questions from faculty and parents and redirects phone and in-person requests for the Principal when appropriate;
- Coordinates with P-8 administrators to prepare and mail P-8 publications including but not limited to report cards, class lists, schedules, faculty notebook, Student Handbook, summer packet, ERB Notebook and curriculum guides, etc.;
- Supports Registrar with the formal reporting process/report cards, printing and mailing;
- Oversees and sets guidelines for substitute teachers in Lower and Middle School(s);
- Performs administrative functions for Faculty, including announcements on upcoming meetings and events, such as Back to School night, pictures, Open House; conferences, report cards;
- Serves as a substitute to PSK Executive Assistant/Office Manager and to Attendance Coordinator/Receptionist
A detailed job description, detailed instructions for applying and information about the school can be viewed at the school website: https://apptrkr.com/1420201Salary: This position offers competitive compensation based on years of experience and skills level; health and welfare benefits subject to plan parameters, including medical, dental, vision, Life & LTD, 403(b) retirement plan and more.To ApplyTo apply online send a resume and cover letter to hr[@]shschools.org and indicate P-8 EA/ Office Manager 2019-20 in the subject line of the e‐mail. We apologize that we are not able to respond to email or phone requests for additional information. You may also mail your resume and cover letter to: Sacred Heart Schools, 150 Valparaiso Avenue, Atherton, CA 94027 Attention Human Resources: P-8 EA/ Office Manager 2019-20
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
- High school diploma or GED and a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position; BA degree preferred;
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and to carry out instructions, furnished in written or oral form;
- Excellent abilities regarding letter and report writing, English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation;
- Must demonstrate a calm demeanor and peaceful confidence under pressure and in high-stress situations
- Must demonstrate complete competency with MS Word, Excel, Blackbaud EE, PowerPoint and internet functions
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with all constituents in a school environment while exhibiting extreme diplomacy. Additional ability in Spanish is strongly preferred.
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws.
As a faith-based institution, we reserve the right to use religion as a criterion in hiring decisions, as permitted by law, as it relates to performing essential job duties.
How to Apply: https://apptrkr.com/1420201