High School Science Teacher | Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart | WA
Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart provides a diverse and rigorous college preparatory environment that inspires young women to become confident, compassionate leaders. As a member of a global network of more than 150 schools, we educate to the core of our 200-year tradition through the Sacred Heart Goals and Criteria: a personal and active faith in God, a deep respect for intellectual values, a social awareness that impels one to action, the building of community as a Christian value, and personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom.
Date Posted: 05/28/2019Date Accepting Applications Through: 08/15/2019Job Title: High School Science TeacherFull or Part Time: Full Time
Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart educates young women to think critically, embrace challenges, model resilience, confront injustice, seek equality and lead globally in the pioneering spirit of our foundress. Our graduates change the world.
Students at Forest Ridge are required to take three years of a laboratory science, which includes physics in 9th grade, chemistry in 10th and biology in 11th grade. Most students exceed this requirement. The position is full time (1.0 FTE), which is five classes each semester. It will include Chemistry I and II. Other possible courses include Biology, Environmental Science and other electives.
The successful candidate:
- Is involved in all aspects of the school program, including advisory work
- Has the ability to teach multiple fields of science
- Designs instruction that engages students and is differentiated to meet the needs of diverse learners
- Builds connections between science and other academic disciplines
- Works collaboratively under the direction of the department chair and the Director of Teaching and Learning
- Collaborates with colleagues in shaping curriculum, assessment and instructional practices in alignment with best practices
- Supports the school’s mission by participating in and attending required meetings, professional development and events
An ideal candidate will hold a degree in a relevant subject area; a master’s degree is preferred. S/he will have teacher certification in Washington state, two - five years of teaching experience at the high school level and a demonstrated ability to teach science to students from beginners to advanced. Forest Ridge is a one-to-one laptop school; experience with technology is also preferred.
- A demonstrated ability to teach students from beginning to advanced levels
- A personal understanding of and commitment to the Goals and Criteria of a Sacred Heart Education
- Experience working with a diverse constituency
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and promoting best practices in global education.
Salary/Benefits: Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding employees through competitive compensation.
How to Apply: Application Process: Qualified applicants should email a cover letter and resume to Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart, Attn: Teri Anderson, Director of High School Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled.
Link to Full Description: https://bbk12e1-cdn.myschoolcdn.com/ftpimages/521/misc/misc_170595.pdf