Upper School Counselor | Convent of the Sacred Heart - 91st Street | NY
Convent of the Sacred Heart is New York City's oldest independent school for girls, educating students in Pre-K through 12. As part of an international network of schools, we are committed to a set of principles shared by all Sacred Heart Schools. Known as the "Goals and Criteria,” these principles articulate the core components of a Sacred Heart education, and charge our community with a unified educational mission.
At the heart of our philosophy is the belief that each child possesses unique gifts. Our job is to unearth those gifts, nurture them, and empower each child of the Sacred Heart to share those gifts with the global community. Convent of the Sacred Heart is committed to being an equitable and inclusive community and seeks candidates who connect to our Mission and Goals.
Date Posted: 5/21/2019Date Accepting Applications Through: 7/15/2019Job Title: Upper School CounselorFull or Part Time: Full Time
Upper School Counselor
August 22, 2019
This is a full-time school-year position.
The US Counselor works with the upper school administrative team in ensuring that the Goals and Criteria of CSH are integrated into the upper school program for the education of the whole child and her physical, intellectual, social and emotional well-being. The US Counselor reports directly to the division head.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing a Life Skills program for 9th and 10th grade students
- Developing and supervising a Peer Support program
- Educating and supporting faculty in an awareness of the social and emotional needs of high school students
- Developing and overseeing a parent education program for the Upper School
- Liaising with the College Counseling Office and US administration about a health program for 11th and 12th grades
- Maintaining a referral database of mental health service providers and programs
- Meets with all constituents of the school regarding student issues
- Attends grade-level meetings as well as parent meetings
- Regularly attends professional development workshops
- Chaperoning school events
- MSW or Ph.D. Previous experience working in an independent high school.
- An equal opportunity employer Sacred Heart seeks to hire outstanding and diverse faculty and staff who work together harmoniously toward the common mission of the school.
How to Apply: Click on below link
Link to Full Description: http://cshnyc.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2v8ra1u06xm/aabn