Middle School Science Instructor | Sacred Heart Schools - Sheridan Road | IL
Founded in Chicago in 1876, Sacred Heart Schools at Sheridan Road (Hardey Preparatory for Boys and Academy of the Sacred Heart for Girls are independent, Catholic, single-sex, elementary schools committed to academic excellence within the context of a Christian, faith-based community. The educational mission is deeply rooted in the 200-year tradition of the Society of the Sacred Heart and shared with the Network of Sacred Heart Schools located in 30 countries; including 22 schools in the United States. The essence of this tradition is the total development of each child: spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, and physical. Our girls and boys are taught in single-sex classrooms but follow a similar curriculum and share in many activities. With a total enrollment of approximately 700 students, the Schools are organized into three academic divisions, each led by a division head.
Date Posted: 6/17/2019
Date Accepting Applications Through: 8/1/22019
Job Title: Middle School Science Instructor
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Sacred Heart Schools is seeking a Middle School Science Instructor, whose chief responsibility will be to work within the scope of the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Education to teach Science within a differentiated classroom. As a member of the Middle School Faculty, this instructor will act as an advisor as well.
Essential Job Function:
- Background and/or teaching experience in an integrated general science curriculum with focus on group and cooperative learning, wet labs, and hands on learning encompassing the following topics: life, physical and Earth sciences.
- Participation each fall with seventh grade students in the Space Academy Program in Huntsville Alabama
- Participating on Science Olympiad
- Curriculum development and implementation, classroom management (including organization and appearance), student evaluation, grade reporting and parent communication
- Experience with incorporating additional duties (i.e., playground supervision, lunchroom supervision, etc.)
- Have a working knowledge of the school technology program, laptops, and software necessary to the implementation of the curriculum
- Maintaining clear, accurate, up-to-date classroom records including:
- Curriculum updates
- Lesson plans
- Assessments and rubrics
- Student Services Team referrals
- Advisory experience a plus
- Fulfilling other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Middle School which are subject to change at any time including to satisfy a reasonable accommodation or for other reasons.
Qualities & Requirements:
- Masters Degree required, or in progress
- Science endorsement and/or teaching experience
- 2-4 years of relevant classroom experience teaching 6-8 grade
Sacred Heart Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate.
How to Apply: Visit http://shschicago.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a239ccf1830m
Link to Full Description: http://shschicago.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a239ccf1830m