Institutional Advancement Associate | Sacred Heart Schools - Sheridan Rd | IL
Founded in Chicago in 1876, Sacred Heart Schools at Sheridan Road (Hardey Preparatory for Boys and Academy of the Sacred Heart for Girls) are independent, Catholic, single-sex elementary schools committed to academic excellence within the context of a Christian, faith-based community. The educational mission is deeply rooted in the 200-year tradition of the Society of the Sacred Heart and shared with the Network of Sacred Heart Schools located in 30 countries; including 22 schools in the United States. The essence of this tradition is the total development of each child: spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional and physical. Our girls and boys are taught in single-sex classrooms but follow a similar curriculum and share in many activities. With a total enrollment of approximately 700 students, the Schools are organized into three academic divisions each led by a division head.
Date Posted: 6/25/19
Date Accepting Applications Through: 08/1/19
Job Title: Institutional Advancement Associate
Full or Part Time: Full Time
The Institutional Advancement Assistant is a key member of the Marketing and Communications team through creation of collateral for IA marketing, programs and events, as well as planning and executing IA communication strategies in adherence with the Schools’ brand standards. Though the majority of responsibilities support Marketing and Communications, the IA Assistant also provides administrative support to the Director of Institutional Advancement in coordinating and implementing the Schools’ institutional advancement vision. As a member of the Institutional Advancement Team, the IA Assistant attends all departmental meetings and collaborates with IA colleagues on projects that involve shared responsibilities. The Institutional Advancement Assistant projects a positive mission-driven image of Sacred Heart Schools with the general public and with all parties associated with the Schools. Essential Job Functions - Marketing & Communications:
Essential Job Functions – Institutional Advancement:
- Work closely with the Marketing & Communications team to design, edit, and produce collateral (invitations, flyers, brochures, posters, etc.) for all IA programs and events.
- Create and send e-blasts and e-newsletters.
- Assist Student Life team in Marketing & Communications-related elements of Yearbook production.
- Attend and photograph events, as needed.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned.
Qualities and Requirements
- Provide administrative support to Director of Institutional Advancement and leadership volunteers.
- Manage logistics for IA and Major Gifts meetings as needed. Coordinate schedules; issue reminders; prepare materials; coordinate facilities and hospitality; take notes, document outcomes and monitor next steps.
- Work closely with the Development team to assist with gift entry, pledge billings and acknowledgements. Generate reports using Raiser’s Edge and other database and spreadsheet software.
- Schedule meetings with prospective donors and volunteers and with incoming new families. Confirm appointments; prepare donor histories and solicitation/informational materials; provide travel directions. Record meeting notes from staff; coordinate follow up correspondence, including thank you notes; monitor next steps.
- Assist with Advancement events, including Campaign/Major Gifts, Parent Education, Alumni Reunion Weekend and other Alumni Relations events. Prepare invitations and event collateral; manage registration, payment, and participant records; coordinate vendors; attend and staff events.
- Transcribe, write, edit and/or proofread correspondence and communications related to campaigns, major gifts, Parent Education, Alumni Relations events and other Institutional Advancement functions, as assigned.
- Proactively manage prospect research and all files related to Campaign/Major Gifts and other Institutional Advancement areas, as assigned. Research all new families via Wealth Engine, and help inform proper coding, updating rating as needed.
- Manage the daily exchange of campus information and correspondence with the IA Department.
- Implement daily administrative activities associated with the major gifts program and/or campaigns.
- Maintain advancement calendar and records, exercising discretion and confidentiality with information.
- Contribute to the successful organization and development of other fundraising activities and events and assist with overflow work from other IA offices, as needed.
- Fulfilling other responsibilities as assigned by the director of Institutional Advancement and Marketing & Communications Director which are subject to change at any time including to satisfy a reasonable accommodation or for other reasons.
Sacred Heart Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate.How to Apply: Visit http://shschicago.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a239ccfhnrr4Link to Full Description: http://shschicago.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a239ccfhnrr4
- Appreciation for and commitment to the mission of Sacred Heart education
- Established graphic design portfolio
- Able to manage details, organize and balance multiple priorities; possesses foresight and anticipates needs within job function
- Self-directed and flexible
- Able to collaborate in a fast-paced and interdepartmental setting
- Even-tempered, even in times of stress
- Keen interpersonal skills, with appreciation for the confidential nature of this work
- Strong communication skills, especially proofreading, editing and writing
- Ability to enter, extract and aggregate data accurately and master new technology with ease
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends, as necessary
- A bachelor’s degree
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point skills
- Facility with Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically InDesign
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge software preferred
- Experience working in an independent or Catholic school preferred