Lower School Substitute Teacher | Convent of the Sacred Heart - 91st St | NY
Convent of the Sacred Heart is New York City's oldest independent school for girls, educating students in Pre-K through 12. As part of an international network of schools, we are committed to a set of principles shared by all Sacred Heart Schools. Known as the "Goals and Criteria,” these principles articulate the core components of a Sacred Heart education, and charge our community with a unified educational mission.
At the heart of our philosophy is the belief that each child possesses unique gifts. Our job is to unearth those gifts, nurture them, and empower each child of the Sacred Heart to share those gifts with the global community. Convent of the Sacred Heart is committed to being an equitable and inclusive community and seeks candidates who connect to our Mission and Goals.
Lower School Substitute Teacher Position: Grades Pre-K - 4
Convent of the Sacred Heart, seeks Lower School Substitute Teachers for Pre-Kindergarten to Fourth Grade to begin in September 2019.
The principle role of a Lower School Substitute Teacher is to provide coverage when a Head Teacher or Associate Teacher is absent from his/her classroom. When substituting for an Associate Teacher, the Substitute Teacher is expected to support the Head Teacher with assisting students and the preparation of lessons and projects. If the Head Teacher is absent, the Substitute Teacher is asked to assume the role of the Head Teacher and is in charge of the classroom. Formal written lesson plans will be provided for the Substitute Teacher during the time she/he is providing this coverage. The Substitute Teacher will also be responsible for routine tasks, which include supervising at lunch and roof times and escorting children to and from specialty classes.
Date Posted: 6/25/2019Date Accepting Applications Through: 9/30/2019Job Title: Lower School Substitute Teacher
Full or Part Time: Full Time
- Candidates must have at least two years of teaching experience, either as a Head Teacher or as an Associate Teacher.
- Candidates must have strong knowledge of classroom management strategies.
- Candidates should have experience teaching multiple grade levels, flexibility with their schedule, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in teaching Singapore Math, Fundations, Reader’s Workshop and Writer’s Workshop is preferred. Project-based learning and differentiated instruction are emphasized.
- Experience in teaching with technology and knowing how to utilize a Smartboard is preferred.
An equal opportunity employer Sacred Heart seeks to hire outstanding and diverse faculty and staff who work together harmoniously toward the common mission of the school.
How to Apply: Apply on below link
Link to Full Description: http://cshnyc.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2v8ra173qj9/aabn