Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart | Chicago, IL | Director of Development
Exciting opportunity to develop the enormous potential of young women at a school where girls take center stage!
Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart is one of 24 Sacred Heart schools in the United States and Canada. Sacred Heart education at Woodlands Academy is distinctive and emphasizes best practices for the education of girls and innovative practices for academic excellence. Established in 1858, the school forms global citizens and transforms young women within a dynamic of relationships that responds to the dignity of each member of the school community. Woodlands Academy believes that a multicultural perspective is an essential element of a 21st Century education and values diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Date Posted: 11/7/19Job Title: Director of DevelopmentFull or Part Time: Full Time
The Director of Development reports directly to the Associate Head for Institutional Advancement to advance the mission and vision of Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart. The Director of Development will sit on the School’s full administrative team and will work in close partnership with the Associate Head for Institutional Advancement on development activities.
Major Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Associate Head for Institutional Advancement to develop and assess annual Advancement Plan.
- Direct and grow the Annual Fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Develop and implement plan for new parent culture of philanthropy education.
- Assist with Major Gifts program including qualification, cultivation and stewardship or prospects.
- Build and implement Planned Giving program.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities including the Annual Report.
- Build and oversee gift recognition programs.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Collaborate with the Associate Head for Institutional Advancement with capital campaigns.
- Prepare regular reports for the Associate Head for Institutional Advancement, Development Committee, and Board of Trustees.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Oversee and monitor the Development Office master calendar.
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff.
How to Apply: Please complete the application materials listed on the Employment web page of the school’s website at woodlandsacademy.org. All applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, three written references, and a Job Application. Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart is an all-girls, Catholic, college prep day and boarding school in Lake Forest, IL. Visit the school’s website at www.woodlandsacademy.org and the website of the Network of Sacred Heart Schools at www.sacredheartusc.education. Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion*, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, genetic information, age, disability, status a veteran or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard, or any other classification under state of federal law. *The School reserves the right to use religion as a hiring criterion for selected positions and nature of a school as a faith-based institution as permitted by law.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Fundraising experience in related field.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively within a team environment.
- Experience with Senior Systems, preferred.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends, as required.
Link to Full Description: https://www.woodlandsacademy.org/about/employment/job-postings-detail/~board/employment/post/director-of-admission-and-affordability-full-time-staff-position-1565028225037