Academy of the Sacred Heart - The Rosary | New Orleans, LA | Middle School Visual Arts Faculty
The candidate as a Middle School faculty member is directly accountable to the Middle School Division Head. S(he) works with the Division Head, Dean of Students, students and parents to ensure that the spirit and the life of the school reflect the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart education.
Date Posted: 1/31/20
Date Accepting Applications Through: n/a
Job Title: Middle School Visual Arts Faculty
Full or Part Time: Full Time
The candidate as a Middle School faculty member is directly accountable to the Middle School Division Head. S(he) works with the Division Head, Dean of Students, students and parents to ensure that the spirit and the life of the school reflect the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart education. S(he):
- Understands, embraces and implements the school's mission and philosophy as written in the Goals and Criteria; participates in the Christ-centered life of the school; and models the school’s philosophy in working with students, parents, colleagues and administration.
- Works with the Division Head to execute responsibilities relating to the academic program: curriculum development and implementation, classroom design, classroom management, student evaluation, progress reports and parent communication.
- Works with the counselors and learning specialist to aid students in achieving the maximum development and growth, both within and beyond the classroom, achieved through observation of students' behavior and needs, consultation with the counselors and referrals, when indicated.
- Actively supervises as well as interact with students while on the play yard.
- Plans and maintains a safe, clean learning environment and in assuring the well-being and safety of the children in his/her care.
- Maintains a cooperative attitude of working together with the Division Head, colleagues, volunteers and parents in planning and implementing activities.
- Attends and participates in the following: chapels, liturgical functions, retreats, faculty/department/in-service meetings, assemblies, parent assemblies, conferences and other school functions, as requested.
- Maintains professional currency by yearly participation in the professional development program (which includes opportunities for attendance at conferences, workshops and educational meetings, and for advanced degree coursework) and by regular reading of educational journals discipline-related materials, and social-emotional best practices
- Leads activities that build relationships in weekly advisory groups
- Agrees to fulfill the terms of the contract of employment.
How to Apply: Applicants should complete the Online Employee Inquiry Form at ashrosary.org/careers.
- Fosters and facilitates the social, emotional, and intellectual growth of all students and advisees
- Regularly assesses students and develop lessons that align with the student assessments
- Instructs in innovative and engaging ways
- Provides Differentiated instruction when appropriate
- Applies best practices in assigned teaching field
- Remains knowledgeable of the information in each student’s Digital Learning Profile
- Collects, analyzes, and shares information regarding student progress and goals for growth
- Attends faculty meeting and Professional Learning Community sessions, pursues opportunities for professional development, and contributes to committees on campus
- Assists with additional duties as needed, Open House, Admission Tours, School Visits, etc.
- Develops relationships with individual students and their families through the advisory program and conferencing
- Models ethical and professional behavior including compliance with the school’s technology and social media policy
- Commits to guiding the development of students’ visual communication, artistic expression, critical thought, contextual realization, self-reflection, and time management skills.
- Works with students in large and small group settings using multiple teaching methods to reach a broad range of students.
- Researches and enters local and/or national art competitions, displays student work around the campus, and supports students’ engagement in artistic opportunities outside of the classroom.
Link to Full Description: https://resources.finalsite.net/images/v1580486133/ashrosary/kvzazt3ani6jqkhrim73/MiddleSchoolVisualArtsFaculty.pdf