Academy of the Sacred Heart - The Rosary | New Orleans, LA | Middle School World Language Faculty
The candidate as a Middle School faculty member is directly accountable to the Middle School Division Head. S(he) works with the Division Head, Dean of Students, students and parents to ensure that the spirit and the life of the school reflect the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart education.
Date Posted: 1/31/20
Date Accepting Applications Through: n/a
Job Title: Middle School World Language Faculty
Full or Part Time: Full Time
The candidate as a Middle School faculty member is directly accountable to the Middle School Division Head. S(he) works with the Division Head, Dean of Students, students and parents to ensure that the spirit and the life of the school reflect the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart education. S(he):
How to Apply: Applicants should complete the Online Employee Inquiry Form at ashrosary.org/careers.
- Understands, embraces and implements the school's mission and philosophy as written in the Goals and Criteria; participates in the Christ-centered life of the school; and models the school’s philosophy in working with students, parents, colleagues and administration.
- Works with the Division Head to execute responsibilities relating to the academic program: curriculum development and implementation, classroom design, classroom management, student evaluation, progress reports and parent communication.
- Works with the counselors and learning specialist to aid students in achieving the maximum development and growth, both within and beyond the classroom, achieved through observation of students' behavior and needs, consultation with the counselors and referrals, when indicated.
- Actively supervises as well as interact with students while on the play yard.
- Plans and maintains a safe, clean learning environment and in assuring the well-being and safety of the children in his/her care.
- Maintains a cooperative attitude of working together with the Division Head, colleagues, volunteers and parents in planning and implementing activities.
- Attends and participates in the following: chapels, liturgical functions, retreats, faculty/department/in-service meetings, assemblies, parent assemblies, conferences and other school functions, as requested.
- Maintains professional currency by yearly participation in the professional development program (which includes opportunities for attendance at conferences, workshops and educational meetings, and for advanced degree coursework) and by regular reading of educational journals discipline-related materials, and social-emotional best practices
- Leads activities that build relationships in weekly advisory groups
- Agrees to fulfill the terms of the contract of employment.
Link to Full Description: https://resources.finalsite.net/images/v1580486107/ashrosary/nqltsj9e3g3gc3ppefwe/MiddleSchoolWorldLanguageFaculty.pdf