Convent of the Sacred Heart - 91st St | New York, NY | Middle School Math Teacher
Convent of the Sacred Heart is New York City's oldest independent school for girls, educating students in Pre-K through 12. As part of an international network of schools, we are committed to a set of principles shared by all Sacred Heart Schools. Known as the "Goals and Criteria,” these principles articulate the core components of a Sacred Heart education, and charge our community with a unified educational mission.
At the heart of our philosophy is the belief that each child possesses unique gifts. Our job is to unearth those gifts, nurture them, and empower each child of the Sacred Heart to share those gifts with the global community. Convent of the Sacred Heart is committed to being an equitable and inclusive community and seeks candidates who connect to our Mission and Goals.
Middle School Math Teacher
Beginning late August 2020
Reports to: Head of the Middle School
Date Posted: January 14, 2020
Summary: Convent of the Sacred Heart, 91st Street, is seeking a thoughtful and experienced candidate with a minimum of three years of experience teaching mathematics at the middle school level, including Algebra I. We are also seeking a candidate that is comfortable with Singapore Math and technological skills such as coding and the Maker curriculum.
Date Posted: 1/21/2020
Date Accepting Applications Through: 5/31/2020
Job Title: Middle School Math Teacher
Full or Part Time: Full Time
- Deliver exceptional mathematics instruction to multiple grades, including one section of Algebra I.
- Candidate should be open to a problem-solving approach to teaching mathematics.
- Collaborate with members of the math department to plan active lessons and instructional aids.
- Maintain professional and collaborative relationships with colleagues.
- Commit to learn about and support the school's mission.
- Communicate effectively with students, faculty, and parents about student progress.
- Commit to personal growth through active participation in professional development.
An equal opportunity employer, Sacred Heart seeks to hire outstanding and diverse faculty who work together harmoniously toward the common mission of the school.
- Experience teaching middle school mathematics and Algebra I.
- Strong and advanced knowledge of the course content and pedagogy is imperative.
- Knowledge of and experience teaching Singapore Math is an asset.
- Candidate must possess proficiency and adaptability with instructional technology.
- Facilitate integrating instructional technology into the math curriculum and middle school curriculum.
- Written and verbal communication is clear and concise.
- Masters Degree required.
How to Apply: Apply on below link
Link to Full Description: http://cshnyc.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2v8ra17whig/aabn