Academy of the Sacred Heart - The Rosary | New Orleans, LA | Upper School Religion Teacher and Campus Minister
The Religion Teacher & Campus Minister as an Upper School faculty member is directly accountable to the Upper School Division Head. S(he) works with the Division Head, Dean of Students, students and parents to ensure that the spirit and life of the school reflect the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart education. S(he):
• Understands, embraces and implements the school's mission and philosophy as written in the Goals and Criteria; participates in the Christ-centered life of the school; and models the school’s philosophy in working with students, parents, colleagues and administration.
• Leads and directs the Upper School Campus Ministry program
o Animates spiritual life in the Division among students, teachers, staff and parents.
o Plans and oversees weekly chapel services, prayer services, divisional and all-school masses, and grade level retreats
o Plans and leads trips associated with the spiritual growth of students
o Trains Eucharistic Ministers.
• Collaborates with others to aid students in achieving the spiritual, social, emotional, and intellectual growth.
• Collaborates with the Division Head, colleagues, volunteers and parents in planning and implementing activities.
• Works with the Division Head to execute responsibilities relating to the academic program promoting best practices in curriculum development and implementation, classroom design, classroom management, student evaluation, progress reports, and parent communication.
• Collects, analyzes, and shares information regarding student progress and goals.
• Participates in department/in-service meetings, assemblies, parent assemblies, conferences and other school functions, as needed or requested.
• Maintains professional currency by yearly participation in the professional development program and by regular reading of related professional materials.
• Develops relationships with students and families through the campus ministry and advisory programs.
• Models ethical and professional behavior.
12/17/19Job Title: Upper School Religion Teacher and Campus MinisterFull or Part Time: Full Time
Preferred Qualifications (Not required)
Campus Ministry Mission Statement
- A master’s degree in theology, religious studies, or a related field
- Current secondary certification
- At least two years of teaching or related experience at the high school level
- Enthusiasm for working collaboratively with others including the desire to plan integrative experiences across disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills.
Campus Ministry is an active program that creates avenues for students to develop a personal and active faith in God with an emphasis on respect, compassion, forgiveness and generosity. The program assists all members of the community in exploring and strengthening their relationship to God, self, others, and all of creation.
How to Apply: Visit https://www.ashrosary.org/explore/careers
Link to Full Description: https://resources.finalsite.net/images/v1576598545/ashrosary/rxy65kdm6znxkrg9e8xd/USCampusMinisterandReligionTeacher121719.pdf