Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart, Houston | Houston, TX | Technology Director
Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart School is seeking a forward thinking thought leader with academic technology experience to become the Technology Director. The Technology Director will develop the vision and management of the school’s technological needs, and oversee all aspects of the School’s technology infrastructure, program, and services. The Director must have a hands-on approach to working with a variety of constituents to develop and implement technology solutions for managing and securing data, innovative learning, and communications.
03/01/2021Date Accepting Applications Through:
Technology DirectorFull or Part Time:
Full TimeEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
How to Apply:
- A commitment to the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart network schools as articulated in the school mission
- A vision for the purposeful integration of technology in an academic environment
- Supervise the work of the Technology Team by fostering close collaboration between and among the Technology Team members, their professional growth, and their commitment to the security of Duchesne resources.
- Oversee a robust and secure network infrastructure that supports the integration of technology in the academic program and throughout all interests of the school.
- Safeguard the integrity, reliability and security of integrated database systems and constituent data.
- Manage the 1:1 program including device selection, procurement, distribution, training and support
- Ensure technology policies, procedures, and processes in areas such as IT security, network access, risk management, disaster recovery, purchasing, asset management and process documentation are in place and receive regular review for currency, adequacy, and compliance.
- Supervise the CAVE Help Desk center to ensure high-quality and timely technical support for all school constituents.
- Collaborate with the Administration and Department Heads with open communication and provide support and guidance with pedagogical initiatives.
- Coordinate the Technology Committee to facilitate community interest in technology plans, budgets, purchases, concerns, and coordination of resources.
- Responsible for direction and implementation of school–wide technology plan
- Member of the Building and Grounds Committee.
- Create and maintain the technology budget, control and monitor department spending.
- Responsible for inventory, asset management and timely renewals of technology department purchased equipment and licenses.
- Manage IT staffing including supervision, scheduling, professional development, and evaluation and provide backup for members of the IT staff as needed.
- Responsible for all technology-related vendor agreements including software licensing, copier leasing, internet, telephone, and cable services; lead technology team review of submitted bids for compliance with stated requirements and make vendor recommendations; vendor relations.
- Participate in reflective, self-directed, on-going professional development
- Willingness and ability to work 12 months, and outside of regular school hours
Apply Online at https://www.duchesne.org/about/job-opportunitiesLink to Full Description: https://www.duchesne.org/about/job-opportunities