The Database Manager is responsible for assisting in the administration, monitoring and maintenance of the School’s databases; providing support and training to users of the school databases; and the development of policies and procedures, ensuring a consistent flow of data into and out of the School’s databases.
Date Posted: 02/26/2021
Date Accepting Applications Through: 06/30/21
Job Title: Database Manager
Full or Part Time: Full Time
• Student Information Systems administration and Support
• Create and manage User Accounts & Group Permissions ensuring compliance with data security: Microsoft, Senior Systems, Finalsite and Schoolpass
• As a member of the Digital Security Team, is responsible for database security, accuracy, and continuity
• Monitors synchronization of databases to ensure reliability of data across all systems
• Manages data systems projects, implementation schedules, and training.
• Schedule and attend systems user training sessions, responsible for documentation and follow up
• Responsible to maintain and enhance the integrity of database running regular system checks to test for data accuracy: validate data input, identifying flaws in the system and perform cleanup of data as necessary to purge unnecessary or duplicate information, streamline data input, and ensure that current information is kept efficiently and is easily accessible.
• Design and manage school wide queries in Senior Systems to be used with My Backpack, including purging outdated system queries, exports, and reports
• Directs system conversions as needed, and work with users post conversion to ensure data reliability
• Daily database support for administrative staff in systems such as, Senior Systems, Finalsite, Microsoft 365, Magnus Health, Schoolpass, Clever, and KnowBe4
o Work closely with Advancement Office to ensure accuracy of current student, parent, and grandparent data for Advancement Data integrity
o Support Advancement Office with Online Giving and Online Events
o Support Division Offices with processes, updates, queries, and reporting; Schoolpass attendance and carpool database
o Support Online Admission processes, queries, reports & Dashboard settings
o Support Business Office with posting of contracts at enrollment and re-enrollment, and registration form maintenance in MyBackpack.
o Supports Communications Department with data management and synchronization for Finalsite Constituent Manager, Online Directory, and subscriptions to emergency notifications, blogs, calendars, and helps to troubleshoot invalid email accounts bounced from Finalsite and My Backpack daily
o Support Campus Store, Summer School and Extended Day software users
o Support Athletics and Health Services with data synchronization, reporting, user support and training
o Support Duchesne community (faculty, staff, current families, Alumnae, Faculty/Staff) with portal accounts and access.
• As coordinator of the Staff User Group (SUG,) schedules user group meetings, plans training sessions, and responsible for documentation and follow-up.
• Coordinate and sponsor professional development opportunities with staff to develop standardization of best practices within our Student Information System and ensure database continuity.
• Assist with documenting practices, developing best procedures, and training staff within the school using Senior Systems, Finalsite and Microsoft 365.
• Responsible to maintain the Database Management Policy and Procedures manual and work with office staff to help them design and manage their own.
• Maintains business rules, configuration, and permissions to code tables in Senior Systems.
• Manage all global changes, imports, and other global database functions.
• Manage End of Year processes in Senior Systems, Finalsite, Magnus and Schoolpass.
• Support IKAN Digitized Records Management (digitizing and hosting current paper records)
• Create and support custom reports, queries and online forms as requested for reports for TCCED, ISAS, etc.
• Cooperatively collaborate on small group/team projects, as directed by the Director of Technology
• Maintain organized and current weekly project lists, updated technical support tickets, and respond to user requests in a respectable amount of time
• Provide timely support to DuchesneConnect constituents by phone or email
• Notify Duchesne Connect community of scheduled maintenance.
• General Technical Support
Technical Proficiencies required:
• Microsoft 365 Administration: User accounts, Groups and Team, Sharepoint and DLP.
• Microsoft OneDrive for Business with advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Teams for Business
• Student Information System, Senior Systems a plus
• Content Management Systems, Finalsite a plus
View more details and apply online athttps://www.duchesne.org/about/job-opportunities
How to Apply: Apply Online at https://www.duchesne.org/about/job-opportunities
Link to Full Description: https://www.duchesne.org/about/job-opportunities