Academy of the Sacred Heart Heart | St. Charles, MO | Music Teacher (K-8)
The Academy of the Sacred Heart, an independent, private, Catholic school in Saint Charles, MO, invites applications for a Music teacher for the 2021-22 school year. Ideal candidates should have an excellent background in music education and successful teaching experience. They will be required to be a collaborative member of a highly professional learning community.
03/16/2021Date Accepting Applications Through
: 05/31/2021Job Title:
Music Teacher (K-8)Full or Part Time
: Full TimeSchool Name
: MO - Academy of the Sacred Heart - St. CharlesMission Statement
Rooted in the spirituality of the Society of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (RSCJ) and in the evolving tradition of the Roman Catholic Church, the Academy continues to embrace an educational approach that values the integration of the physical, cognitive, emotional, and spiritual dimensions of our students. From this perspective,
We educate and inspire the heart and mind of each child
to become a courageous and confident leader
who knows and loves God and who reveals that love by serving others.Mission Expectation
Once hired, teachers are expected to familiarize themselves with and live the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Education.Other Professional Expectations:
- Demonstrate a sincere passion for working with students, ages 5-14.
- Possess the ability to inspire and motivate students to identify and utilize their musical talents.
- Demonstrate competency in teaching vocal music, music theory, history and appreciation, basic instrumental exploration, and the Kodaly method of reading music.
- Possess aural training to detect discrepancy in pitch, detonation, and harmony.
- Have strong keyboarding skills.
- Utilize and integrate technology to enhance the program.
- Direct and facilitate choruses for musical performances.
- Monitor and document student progress.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, parents regarding scheduling needs, upcoming performances, and student progress.
- Possesses effective classroom management skills.
- Commit to ongoing professional development and growth.
Interested candidates should completed the online employment application via the Academy of the Sacred Heart-Saint Charles website. As part of the application, please upload a resume, list of references and cover letter addressed to:
Mrs. Marcia Renken, Lower School Principal, 619 N. Second Street, Saint Charles, MO 63301
Phone: 636-946-6127 Website: www.ash1818.org
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERHow to Apply
: Please apply online.Link to Full Description: https://www.ash1818.org/main/employment-opportunities/