Academy of the Sacred Heart | St. Charles, MO | Physical Education / Health Teacher (K-8)
The Academy of the Sacred Heart, an independent, private, Catholic school in Saint Charles, MO, invites applications for a Physical Education and Health teacher for the 2021-22 school year for a 75% contract. Ideal candidates should have an excellent background in the content area and successful teaching experience. They will be required to be a collaborative member of a highly professional learning community.
03/16/2021Date Accepting Applications Through:
Physical Education/Health Teacher (K-8)Full or Part Time:
Full TimeSchool Name:
MO - Academy of the Sacred Heart - St. CharlesMission Statement
Rooted in the spirituality of the Society of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (RSCJ) and in the evolving tradition of the Roman Catholic Church, the Academy continues to embrace an educational approach that values the integration of the physical, cognitive, emotional, and spiritual dimensions of our students. From this perspective,
We educate and inspire the heart and mind of each child
to become a courageous and confident leader
who knows and loves God and who reveals that love by serving others.Mission Expectation
Once hired, teachers are expected to familiarize themselves with and live the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Education.Other Professional Expectations:
- Demonstrate a sincere passion for working with students, ages 5-14.
- Possess the ability to inspire and motivate students to learn and practice healthy life-long habits through exercise and sporting activities.
- Display a positive attitude and enthusiasm that ensures everyone feels capable and included.
- Has a broad knowledge base about physical development and benchmarks, rules of sports, proper form, safety gear, modifications, and a variety of ways that help students connect to each activity.
- Adapt and modify lessons to include students of different levels and abilities.
- Demonstrate and participate in a variety of physical activities.
- Communicate with students in a clear manner that helps them gain knowledge, understand directions and expectations, and learn through physical activity, and keeps students safe.
- Organize equipment and keep plans to ensure the flow of class.
Utilize and integrate technology to enhance the program.
- Monitor and document student progress.
Communicate effectively with colleagues, parents regarding scheduling needs, upcoming performances, and student progress.
- Possesses effective classroom management skills
- Commit to ongoing professional development and growth.
Interested candidates should completed the online employment application via the Academy of the Sacred Heart-Saint Charles website. As part of the application, please upload a resume, list of references and cover letter addressed to:
Mrs. Marcia Renken, Lower School Principal, 619 N. Second Street, Saint Charles, MO 63301
Phone: 636-946-6127 Website: www.ash1818.org
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply: Please apply online.
Link to Full Description: https://www.ash1818.org/main/employment-opportunities/