Convent of the Sacred Heart 91st St | New York, NY | Middle School Math Techer
Convent of the Sacred Heart is New York City's oldest independent school for girls. As an independent, Catholic school, educating students in Pre-K through 12, we are part of an international network of 160 schools. We are committed to a set of principles shared by all Sacred Heart Schools. Known as the "Goals and Criteria," these principles articulate the core components of a Sacred Heart education and charge our community with a unified educational mission.
At the heart of our philosophy is the belief that each child possesses unique gifts. Our job is to unearth those gifts, nurture them, and empower each child of the Sacred Heart to share those gifts with the global community. Convent of the Sacred Heart is committed to building a community that is anti-racist, anti-bias, fair, inclusive, and welcoming to everyone and seeks candidates who connect to our Mission and Goals.
Middle School Math Teacher
Beginning late August 2021
Reports to: Head of the Middle School
Date Posted: March 18, 2021
Summary: Convent of the Sacred Heart, 91st Street, is seeking a thoughtful and experienced candidate with a minimum of three years of experience teaching mathematics at the middle school level, including Algebra I. We are also seeking a candidate that is comfortable with Singapore Math and technical skills such as coding and the Maker curriculum.
3/19/2021Date Accepting Applications Through
: 5/31/2021Job Title:
Middle School Math TeacherFull or Part Time:
Full TimeSchool Name:
NY - Convent of the Sacred Heart - 91st StreetSummary
: Convent of the Sacred Heart, 91st Street, is seeking a thoughtful and experienced candidate with a minimum of three years of experience teaching mathematics at the middle school level, including Algebra I. We are also seeking a candidate that is comfortable with Singapore Math and technical skills such as coding and the Maker curriculum.Responsibilities:
- Deliver exceptional mathematics instruction to multiple grades, including one section of Algebra I.
- Open to a problem-solving approach to teaching mathematics.
- Collaborate with members of the math department to plan active lessons and instructional aids.
- Maintain professional and collaborative relationships with colleagues.
- Communicate effectively with students, faculty, and parents about student progress.
- Commit to personal growth through active participation in professional development.
- Adapt to changing circumstances and schedules.
- Support the students and division by covering study halls, lunch duties, and other assignments as needed.
- Perform other school duties as required as a member of the middle school community.
The ideal candidate is/has:
- Experience teaching middle school mathematics and Algebra I.
- Strong and advanced knowledge of the course content and pedagogy is imperative.
- Knowledge of and experience teaching Singapore Math is an asset.
- Candidate must possess proficiency and adaptability with instructional technology.
- Facilitate integrating instructional technology into the math curriculum and middle school curriculum.
- Written and verbal communication is clear and concise.
- Masters Degree required.
- An understanding of and appreciation for Sacred Heart’s Catholic identity, including its Mission and the Goals and Criteria.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion work.
- An energetic team player, organized, innovative and self-motivated.
- Possesses a collaborative nature and enthusiastic energy.
- Integrity, warmth, confidence, and a strong work ethic.
It is the policy of Sacred Heart to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants. This means that all employees and applicants will be treated on an equal basis without regard to race, religion, color, gender, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, military status, Vietnam or other veteran status, sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, unemployment status or any other status protected by law. In addition to the protected classifications included in our EEO policy, the School also prohibits any form of discrimination or harassment based on being a certified medical marijuana patient, arrest or conviction, or domestic violence victim status in accordance with state law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including but not limited to: hiring, training, faculty development, promotion, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, employee facilities, termination, and retirement. Any employee who engages in conduct that violates this policy is subject to discipline, up to and including termination.How to Apply:
Apply on below linkLink to Full Description: https://cshnyc.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2v8ra1rr906/aabn