Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart | Bethesda, MD | Lower School Librarian and Media Specialist
Stone Ridge is seeking a Librarian and Media Specialist in the Lower School to begin work on August 18, 2021.
3/25/21Date Accepting Applications Through:
May 15, 2020Job Title:
Lower School Librarian and Media SpecialistFull or Part Time:
Full TimeSchool Name
: MD - Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart
Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart, a member of the international Network of Sacred Heart Schools, is a Catholic, independent college preparatory school for girls, Grades 1-12, with a co-educational Early Childhood Program, Pre-Kindergarten, and Kindergarten in Bethesda, Maryland. With over 700 students, and rooted in the Goals of Sacred Heart education, Stone Ridge inspires young women to lead and serve, through lives of purpose that integrate faith, intellect, community, social action, and personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom.Position responsibilities include:
- Leading and managing the Lower School Library and developing relevant programming in alignment with the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart education.
- Collaborating closely with faculty and staff in the Lower School.
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive and diverse digital and print collection for the PK-4th grades
- Managing resources that support the curriculum and the development of literacy and research skills in students
- Collaborating actively with Librarians in Upper and Middle School and Educational Technologists to develop strategies to support all students
- Attending all faculty and employee meetings and participating in Professional Learning Communities within the Stone Ridge community
- Collaborating closely with the Head of Lower School, faculty and staff in the Lower School, Lower School Counselor, and Learning Strategist in areas relating to curriculum and instruction
- Understanding of Reading and Writing workshop and the literacy materials that support the workshop approach to instruction.
The ideal candidate has experience as a Librarian in independent and/or Catholic schools and possesses an MLS or an equivalent degree. S/he demonstrates genuine affection for children, a record of successful professional experience, a capacity for working with a range of learning abilities, and experience with integrating appropriate educational technologies into the learning environment. S/he demonstrates strong writing and communication skills, a capacity for organization, follow-through, and flexibility.
Compensation includes competitive benefits and salary commensurate with experience.
The ideal candidate is an anti-racist educator who has experience teaching in independent, Catholic, public, or charter schools. Applicants of diverse, underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should complete an employment application below, As part of the online application, please upload a resume, list of references, and cover letter addressed to Ms. Courtney Perna, HR Manager, all in PDF format.How to Apply