Sacred Heart Academy | Bryn Mawr, PA | Theology Instructor
SHA is seeking a dynamic Upper and Middle School Theology Teacher for the 2021-2022 academic school year. The position includes teaching five sections of Upper and Middle School theology as well as planning for retreats and prayer services. Instructors must model an active Catholic faith.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic educator who has experience teaching Advanced Placement theology courses. The candidate seeks professional growth and learning every day and inspires others to do the same through optimism, selflessness, flexibility, and teamwork. The candidate possesses a willingness to collaborate with dedicated educators within the Sacred Heart faculty in both Middle and Upper School. The candidate will show empathy for and a passion to work with adolescent girls as well as a commitment to the development of the whole child. The candidate will participate in the life of the Upper School by serving as an advisor, and leading a club or coaching a sports team. Sacred Heart Academy Bryn Mawr works to create a community and curriculum that reflect our values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice and the candidate should model these values.
April 16, 2021Date Accepting Applications Through:
June 1, 2021Job Title
: Theology InstructorFull or Part Time:
How to Apply
- Passion for teaching and for girls’ education.
- Ability to design and facilitate rigorous, empowering learning that is student-centered and meaningful.
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to spark a love of learning in students.
- Excellent communication skills, a genuine appreciation of adolescents, a sense of humor, and the ability to work well within a collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Prior Theology teaching experience preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of classroom technology: interactive smart boards, learning management systems, Google, and more.
- Willingness to work with colleagues to evaluate, design, and implement Theology curricula.
- Commitment to curriculum and instruction that demonstrates cultural competency
: Submit a resume and letter to Dr. Cara Saraco at cara.saraco[@]shabrynmawr.orgLink to Full Description: https://www.shabrynmawr.org/about-sha/employment-opportunities