Reporting to the Assistant Head for Academics, the Director of High School is responsible for supporting the vision, direction, supervision and general day-to-day operations of the High School division. The Director of High School works with and assists high school faculty in the development of learning outcomes, curriculum mapping, assessment processes and instructional practices. Further, the Director of High School works in collaboration with the Assistant Head for Academics and other senior leaders in evaluating the High School’s programming and progress to identify and implement key priorities for continuous improvement. This position, which entails leadership, planning and guidance in your respective area, is considered a year-round, 12 month per year position.
02/28/2022Date Accepting Applications Through:
Until FilledJob Title:
DIRECTOR OF HIGH SCHOOLFull or Part Time:
Full TimeWHO WE ARE
Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart provides a diverse and rigorous college preparatory environment that inspires young women to become confident, compassionate leaders. As a member of a global network of more than 150 schools, we educate to the core of our 200-year tradition through the Sacred Heart Goals and Criteria: a personal and active faith in God, a deep respect for intellectual values, a social awareness that impels to action, the building of community as a Christian value and personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom.
Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart educates young women to think critically, embrace challenges, model resilience, confront injustice, seek equality and lead globally in the pioneering spirit of our foundress. Our graduates change the world.THE ROLE
Reporting to the Assistant Head for Academics, the Director of High School is responsible for supporting the vision, direction, supervision and general day-to-day operations of the High School division. The Director of High School works with and assists high school faculty in the development of learning outcomes, curriculum mapping, assessment processes and instructional practices. Further, the Director of High School works in collaboration with the Assistant Head for Academics and other senior leaders in evaluating the High School’s programming and progress to identify and implement key priorities for continuous improvement. This position, which entails leadership, planning and guidance in your respective area, is considered a year-round, 12 month per year position.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure consistent integration of the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Education within the life of the school community.
• Work in collaboration with school leadership to advance the School’s strategic framework, implementing initiatives that will ensure Forest Ridge students grow into competent, confident and courageous women.
• Serve as the educational leader for the High School, responsible for its day-to-day operations through creating a vision for effective teaching and learning, the development and articulation of divisional goals and the establishment of an aligned and cohesive curriculum.
• Work in collaboration with the Assistant Head for Academics, the Director of Middle School and other school leaders to ensure continuity between the Middle and High School divisions.
• Serve as the chief articulator of the division’s programs, expectations, behavioral guidelines and other information necessary to ensure that all constituencies are fully informed.
• Work in collaboration with the Assistant Head for Academics, the Director of Middle School and the Dean of Academics to prepare a master middle school schedule and assign teachers and students to classes and other obligations.
• Make recommendations to the Assistant Head for Academics and the Head of School about the retention of faculty.
• Articulate and support the use of best practices in instruction, assessment and reporting of student feedback and progress in the High School.
• Support, encourage, mentor and coach high school faculty and support staff.
• Collaborate with the Technology department and high school faculty to identify and support the opportunities for technology integration in the High School curriculum.
• Foster a culture of partnership between the School and families, serving as a support liaison between the two.
• Oversee the High School Advisory curriculum that supports the academic, leadership and social and emotional development of students.
• In coordination with Department Chairs, oversee divisional textbook and teaching material selection and recommend library books, materials and other learning media additions.
• Collaborate with the Assistant Head for Academics and the Director of Middle School to lead professional learning opportunities, develop professional learning resources and keep faculty informed of relevant opportunities to ensure Forest Ridge remains a community of professional growth.
• Work with the Dean of Students, the Director of Middle School and other relevant administrators to oversee the coordination of the High School student life programming, assist in the planning and the presentation of school assemblies and programs and assist in maintaining a comprehensive calendar of school events.
• Support the admission and re-enrollment activities for the High School and collaborate with the Enrollment Management Team to coordinate activities that introduce ninth-grade families and students to the High School.
• Attend high school athletic and extracurricular events.
• Teach and/or coach as necessary.CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES
The Director of High School should be prepared to lead and work in effective collaboration with the Assistant Head for Academics and other colleagues to:
• Shape a new and aspirational, yet not fully defined, position.
• Support and enhance the continued alignment of a 5-12 curriculum through ensuring a cohesive high school program that intentionally builds from the Middle School program.
• Develop productive, supportive relationships with high school colleagues while also motivating, inspiring and establishing direction and expectations for them.
• Build upon the spirit of community and the successful relational culture in the School, while also enhancing the High School's excellent academic program.
• Work in collaboration with the Assistant Head for Academics and the Director of Middle School to establish, articulate and support best practice instruction at Forest Ridge.
• Balance innovation and tradition in a growing school.
• Serve as an integral member of a new school structure and administrative team.KEY QUALIFICATIONS
A successful Director of High School candidate will demonstrate the following qualities, characteristics, skills and experiences:
• A mission-driven leader with experience in building and enhancing programs and initiatives that align clearly to a school’s mission and values.
• Demonstrated success as a steady, confident leader with the capacity to organize and motivate teams, guide others through challenges and grow in the role.
• Demonstrated success as a strategic thinker, effective manager and master implementer, with a systems approach to improvement and change.
• A commitment to, and experience in, building programs that align to best practices in girls’ education.
• Extensive experience working in a high school setting with deep knowledge of what is developmentally appropriate socially, academically and emotionally for students at this stage in their learning.
• Supervisory and coaching experience with teachers and experience at articulating and addressing the strengths and challenges evident through classroom observation and other feedback.
• Experience in curriculum mapping, Universal Design for Learning and Backwards by Design planning.
• Multicultural competence with experience working effectively in a diverse school setting.
• High levels of emotional intelligence, excellent listening skills and the ability to navigate the complexities and ambiguities of leading, while inspiring others in a deeply invested community.
• Superb communication skills in writing, in front of groups, in relationships with others and as a team leader.
• A strong work ethic, with the capacity to invest full days, while also establishing, upholding and modeling appropriate boundaries and standards for others in the broader Forest Ridge community.
• A student-centered educator who finds energy and joy working with kids of all ages.
• Warmth, character, a strong ethical compass, a commitment to confidentiality and a sense of humor.
• An advanced degree in the field of education.
• At least 5 years of teaching or relevant experience.
: Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding employees through competitive compensation.How to Apply:
APPLICATION PROCESS: Qualified applicants should email: 1. Cover Letter 2. Statement of Leadership Philosophy 3. CV/Resume 4. List of three professional references To Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart at firstname.lastname@example.org
. This position is open until filled.Link to Full Description