Convent of the Sacred Heart, 91st St | New York, NY | Middle School Spanish Teacher
Convent of the Sacred Heart is New York City's oldest independent school for girls. As an independent, Catholic school, educating students in Pre-K through 12, we are part of an international network of 160 schools. We are committed to a set of principles shared by all Sacred Heart Schools. Known as the "Goals and Criteria," these principles articulate the core components of a Sacred Heart education and charge our community with a unified educational mission.
At the heart of our philosophy is the belief that each child possesses unique gifts. Our job is to unearth those gifts, nurture them, and empower each child of the Sacred Heart to share those gifts with the global community. Convent of the Sacred Heart is committed to building a community that is anti-racist, anti-bias, fair, inclusive, and welcoming to everyone and seeks candidates who connect to our Mission and Goals.
Middle School Spanish Teacher
Beginning August 25, 2022
Position: Middle School Spanish Teacher
Reports to: World Language Department Chair and Middle School Division Head
FLSA: Exempt, full-time
- Teach middle school Spanish to grades 5, 6, 7, and 8
- Help students build a foundation in Spanish for continued learning in the Upper School
- Provide academic support for students outside of class time (answering homework questions, consulting with them, as needed;
- Attend department and faculty meetings
- Support the students and division by covering study halls, lunch duties and other assignments as needed
- Other school duties as required as a member of the middle school community
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and schedules including remote learning
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree preferred
- Previous teaching experience
- Fluency in Spanish
- Commitment to using innovative teaching practices and technology to enhance instruction
- Knowledge of, appreciation for, and demonstrated commitment to anti-racist, anti-bias education, multicultural teaching, and culturally responsive pedagogy
- Proficient with current educational technology, especially blended learning platforms and strategies.
- Enthusiasm for working with adolescent learners
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communications skills
- Positive team player with a desire to contribute and share your gifts and talents with the students and administration of the school
- Experience with Google and Smartboard platforms
It is the policy of Sacred Heart to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants. This means that all employees and applicants will be treated on an equal basis without regard to race, religion, color, gender, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, military status, Vietnam or other veteran status, sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, unemployment status or any other status protected by law. In addition to the protected classifications included in our EEO policy, the School also prohibits any form of discrimination or harassment based on being a certified medical marijuana patient, arrest or conviction, or domestic violence victim status in accordance with state law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including but not limited to: hiring, training, faculty development, promotion, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, employee facilities, termination, and retirement. Any employee who engages in conduct that violates this policy is subject to discipline, up to and including termination.
Link to Apply: https://cshnyc.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2v8ra1lq8my/aabn