Position: Communications Coordinator, Institutional Advancement
Reports to: Director of Strategic Marketing and Communications
FLSA: non exempt, full-time
The Marketing and Communications Office is part of Sacred Heart’s Department of Institutional Advancement (along with Alumnae Relations and Development). The Advancement team works collaboratively to build understanding and support of the school's mission and programs and to secure resources to enhance the school and its future. Collectively and individually, the team strives to model the values expressed in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart education.
We seek an individual with at least two years of experience to fill the position of Communications Coordinator. The primary responsibility is to create and edit content for the school’s internal and external communications across a broad spectrum, including video production, social media, the school website, print publications, e-communications, and marketing materials. Reporting directly to the Director of Strategic Marketing and Communications, the Communications Coordinator plays an important role in developing and implementing Sacred Heart’s comprehensive communications and marketing plan.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent writer and editor, with a journalistic and marketing eye for photography/videography. The individual should be highly organized and able to work both independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Create and post content to the school’s website and social media platforms
- Create/contribute content to the school’s digital and print communications, including two annual magazines, marketing materials, fundraising materials
- Ensure all communications meet the school’s style, editorial, graphic and branding standards
- Assist Marketing/Communications Director with developing/executing social media campaigns and calendar, and managing/monitoring social media accounts
- Work with outside vendors (graphic designers, photographers, videographers) and manage school’s digital assets
- Assist with production of photo and video shoots, special programs, events
- Produce regular analytic reports and utilize data to improve effectiveness and inform goals
- Attend occasional evening/weekend events as required
- Other projects as defined by the Marketing/Communications Director, the Director of Institutional Advancement and/or the Head of School
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English, or a similar field
- Exceptional verbal, writing, editing, proofreading skills
- Ability to write quickly and in a variety of styles for different audiences/uses
- Strong artistic sense in photography, video, graphics
- Resourceful and attentive to detail and accuracy
- Facility with Microsoft Office, Google Suite
- Ability to manage a photo database
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to engage effectively with individuals of all ages and at all levels of the School
- Journalism/Public Relations experience preferred
- Experience with digital photography, video preferred
- Familiarity with Photoshop/Lightroom/Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends as necessary for Advancement Office events
- Knowledge of, appreciation for, and demonstrated commitment to anti-racist and anti-bias education
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples through Applicant Stack. Submissions without writing samples will not be considered.
It is the policy of Sacred Heart to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants. This means that all employees and applicants will be treated on an equal basis without regard to race, religion, color, gender, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, military status, Vietnam or other veteran status, sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, unemployment status or any other status protected by law. In addition to the protected classifications included in our EEO policy, the School also prohibits any form of discrimination or harassment based on being a certified medical marijuana patient, arrest or conviction, or domestic violence victim status in accordance with state law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including but not limited to: hiring, training, faculty development, promotion, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, employee facilities, termination, and retirement. Any employee who engages in conduct that violates this policy is subject to discipline, up to and including termination.
Apply here: https://cshnyc.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2v8ra11hmgi/aabn