Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart | Lake Forest, IL | Associate Director of Development
Woodlands Academy is seeking an Associate Director of Development. The Associate Director is responsible for the cultivation, stewardship and fundraising efforts with alumnae, past parent, and current parent populations, and for planning, promoting, and executing special events associated with these constituent groups. This position works directly with the Chief Development Officer to plan strategic communications and other activities to engage these populations with the goal of maintaining and fortifying relationships and increasing donor participation.
Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart is one of 25 Sacred Heart schools in the United States and Canada. Sacred Heart education at Woodlands Academy is distinctive and emphasizes best practices for the education of girls and innovative practices for academic excellence. Established in 1858, the school forms global citizens and transforms young women through a dynamic of relationships that responds to the dignity of each member of the school community.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward, alumnae, past parents, and current parents to increase support and participation in the Woodlands Fund and other fundraising campaigns
- Regularly communicate with alumnae, past parents, and current parents with email campaigns, event information, newsletters, and other school updates
- Send correspondence to alumnae for personal achievements, births, weddings, and memorials
- Build strong relationships with current students and families to raise awareness of the important role alumnae, parents and past parents play in the ongoing advancement of Woodlands Academy
- Act as staff liaison to the Woodlands Academy Parents Association (WAPA), recruiting, training, and supporting all volunteer roles associated with WAPA, and working with volunteers to plan all special events, including the annual gala
- Serve as liaison to the Woodlands Academy Alumnae Association, aiding in the planning and execution of all committee activities and reunions
- Act as liaison between the Parents of Alums group and the school, supporting the planning and execution of their community-building events
- Manage and create digital content for the Development Team
- Other duties as assigned by Chief Development Officer
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in Development
- Technology skills including Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge, Excel, Word, Outlook, Mail Chimp
- Excellent social media communication skills
- Ability and desire to support, implement, and model the Goals and Criteria for Sacred Heart Schools
- Ability to manage a variety of projects and special events with minimal supervision
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Available to work nights, weekends, and extended days as needed to meet goals and fulfill job responsibilities
- A willingness to be an active, enthusiastic member of the Woodlands Academy (WA) community
- Completion of Virtus: Protecting God’s Children training
- Successful completion of criminal and sexual offender registry background checks
Why you should join our community:
- Woodlands Academy offers generous health/dental/vision plans, group life and long-term disability, voluntary life, and voluntary short-term disability plans, 403(b) with 5% contribution of annual salary, and flexible spending accounts (benefits for full-time employees working 30+ hours per week only)
- Special holiday breaks, including five days off for Thanksgiving, two weeks off for Christmas, and two weeks off for Spring Break
- Opportunities to volunteer
- Get to make an impact on the lives of young women
How to apply:
Please complete the application materials on our Employment page here. All applicants must apply with a cover letter, resume, and Personal Reflection on the Sacred Heart Goals and Criteria. We also strongly suggest applicants to submit three written references.
Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart is an all-girls, Catholic, college preparatory day and boarding school in Lake Forest, IL. Visit the school’s website at www.woodlandsacademy.org and the website of the Network of Sacred Heart Schools at www.sacredheartusc.education to learn more.
Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion*, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, genetic information, age, disability, protected veteran status or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard, or any other classification under state or federal law.
*The School reserves the right to use religion as a hiring criterion for selected positions and nature of a school as a faith-based institution as permitted by law.